Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which flatbottom?

Bob Hostetter
    If you were going to pick up an older used flatbottom for general lake/river use which hull would you be looking for?
    I am thinking about picking up one this winter and setting it up with 2 seats, and somewhere around 650hp, hoping to run in the high 80's or 90's. But I want something fairly stable and predicatable.
    I have owned 2 flat's in the past (early 70's Hondo flat and an early 80's Canyon Marine runnerbottom) but haven't driven one in 20 years. Been running a deep 'v' hallet v drive family boat since then but its time for another hot rod.
    Any recomendations from all you experts?
    Thanks.......

Roman 1
    Millers are the best but Glen L's the way to go.
    R1

dmontzsta
    I would go with a Lavey.
    B boats seem to do very well, Hondos are great also. You might want to also consider a runnerbottom for hitting speeds quick.

Kim Hanson
    If you were going to pick up an older used flatbottom for general lake/river use which hull would you be looking for?
    I am thinking about picking up one this winter and setting it up with 2 seats, and somewhere around 650hp, hoping to run in the high 80's or 90's. But I want something fairly stable and predicatable.
    I have owned 2 flat's in the past (early 70's Hondo flat and an early 80's Canyon Marine runnerbottom) but haven't driven one in 20 years. Been running a deep 'v' hallet v drive family boat since then but its time for another hot rod.
    Any recomendations from all you experts?
    Thanks.......
    Cougars seem to be pretty sweet boats and pretty fast..tunnels rock...........( . )( . )........

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Kim, does Cougar build a tunnel flatbottom? Or am I reading the words "Which flatbottom" incorrectly? :hammer2:
    Bob, 650 hp in a late 70's Biesemeyer got Lance Faulkner 122 mph in a flying kilo....TWICE! Thats a true flat The same 70's Biesemeyer has dominated circle boat racing since its inception. side note...a circle course more resembles regular lake use than a drag course. With that said, why would you want a drag boat in the slop
    The same 70's Biesemeyer is soooo good, its been copied a dosen times. :jawdrop:
    If you want the best handling, well mannered, fastest, rough water capable flat out there, its obvious which one is best. The Barron Sprint is a good boat too.
    Happy Hunting.

INEEDAV
    Kim, does Cougar build a tunnel flatbottom? Or am I reading the words "Which flatbottom" incorrectly? :hammer2:
    Bob, 650 hp in a late 70's Biesemeyer got Lance Faulkner 122 mph in a flying kilo....TWICE! Thats a true flat The same 70's Biesemeyer has dominated circle boat racing since its inception. side note...a circle course more resembles regular lake use than a drag course. With that said, why would you want a drag boat in the slop
    The same 70's Biesemeyer is soooo good, its been copied a dosen times. :jawdrop:
    If you want the best handling, well mannered, fastest, rough water capable flat out there, its obvious which one is best. The Barron Sprint is a good boat too.
    Happy Hunting.
    Jerry I get the impression that you may like the Biesmeyer boats. Is that true?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jerry I get the impression that you may like the Biesmeyer boats. Is that true?
    Only if total domination is your goal...otherwise a Lavey is nice

olbiezer
    jerry thanks for mentioning the barron.....my personal choice!!!!

Kurtis500
    Hondo

Bob Hostetter
    Thanks for the input. I got to see a lot of nice flat's at the Irvine Lake get together. While the "B" boats are very nice I was expecially impressed with a couple of the Barron Sprints that were there. I am kinda a Barron/Hallett fan....
    Am I correct in assuming the Barron's are pretty stable and turn well?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast