Hey All,
I'm selling this for my dad, and the boat is a really cool little package. He discovered it under a cover in a local machine shop owner's garage, where it sat for the last 20 years. The owner bought the hull brand new, rigged it himself (and did a really bitchen job), used it once or twice, then parked it and never used it again. We just cleaned everything off, buffed out the paint/gel, rebuilt the motor, and took it to the lake! Here are the details:
1971 BeeDee 16' Flat Bottom
Aero Marine V-drive with 25% gears
11x16 steel 2 blade prop
Engine is a freshly rebuilt (about ten hours on the rebuild) 390 Ford with high compression pistons and an Isky cam
New chrome OT pipes, new wheel bearings on wheels of trailer, new battery, starts and runs good. Adjustable cav plate with handle and foot over ride, storage cover.
The yellow is gelcoat, in good condition with very few stress cracks. The black is paint in fair condition. The floors are clear and beautiful, as this boat was hardly ever used. Seats are black vinyl 1" pleat tuck 'n roll, good condition, and my dad built a center console to cover the v-drive and driveshaft that is carpeted and has a built-in glovebox. The v-drive has in/out. It also includes a custom storage cover.
This thing isn't a "perfect 10" showboat, but it is very very clean (I'd say a solid 7.5 or 8) and totally turn-key. It is also a LOT of fun to drive, as the rigging is just abotu perfect. It handles great, cable steering is light and tight, and for a relatively mild 390 it goes pretty fast. In fact, the cops at lake castaic claim it goes 77mph, which is what they wrote the ticket for, even though I have a hard time believing that's true.
Asking price is $4,800 obo. I'll try to get some details pics this weekend to put up. In the meantime, call with any questions.
-Dan (310) 505-3254