Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rev. Williams Engine Project

Sleek-Jet
    The last machine shop I used that actually cleaned my block used the same process... it came back to me looking brand new... even the water jackets.
    IMO it's just about the only way to go... hot tanking is old school...

Blown 472
    INfo, this is going to be a 496? whos crank, rods, and pistons you going to use?

Infomaniac
    It will have an Eagle 496 competition rotating assembly. 4340 crank and rods J&E SRP pistons.

Blown 472
    It will have an Eagle 496 competition rotating assembly. 4340 crank and rods J&E SRP pistons.
    I have been looking at the eagle stuff, do you have to do anything to the rods or are they a bolt in deal?

Infomaniac
    I have been looking at the eagle stuff, do you have to do anything to the rods or are they a bolt in deal?
    The Eagle stuff requires a little finess. I have found that to get proper marine clearances you might as well get an HX set of bearings. An extra .001 clearance. Sometimes the thrust (end play) needs a little help. The rods are plenty strong but sometimes need the bushed end attended to for proper pin fit. I am comfortable with the strength of the Eagle stuff for blown pump gas deals. There is always a little "get what you pay for" involved.

How bout a picture of the inside of the crate.........you know, the blue writing

Rev. Williams
    Biggie, I think it's best that we leave that blue painted note off the boards
    Info,
    I shot you off a PM talking about the budget and also about the intake I'd like.
    Check it out and we can talk later.

Rompn
    *subscribes*

Infomaniac
    OK rev I call ya tomorrow.
    Here are your main caps having a little taken off. This equipment has been around a while but works great.
    http://moritzmachine.com/caps.jpg
    This is my man Ed working your caps and getting ready to line hone the main bores. Does not like his picture taken as you can see.
    http://moritzmachine.com/line hone.jpg

Infomaniac
    Found this on your block. You might ask GFR what this is. LOL
    http://moritzmachine.com/tag.jpg

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast