Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rev. Williams Engine Project

GofastRacer
    I have been looking at the eagle stuff, do you have to do anything to the rods or are they a bolt in deal?
    I did a 468 with an Eagle rotating assembly kit from Dyno-Flo and I was impressed, the clearances were right on, crank was straight, rods all checked out for lenght. Only thing that needed attention was the crank end play and the rod and pistons needed to be pin fitted!..

GofastRacer
    Found this on your block. You might ask GFR what this is. LOL
    http://moritzmachine.com/tag.jpg
    LMAO!..

Rev. Williams
    Okay I'll bite, what the heck am I looking at ???
    Found this on your block. You might ask GFR what this is. LOL
    http://moritzmachine.com/tag.jpg

Sleek-Jet
    Check out the first post on Art's engine rebuilding thread...
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74464

Rev. Williams
    Okay, I see it now. That was ( I say WAS) the Mercruiser Tag. I guess that bake process took it's toll on it
    Check out the first post on Art's engine rebuilding thread..
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74464

Rev. Williams
    Update:
    I talked with Info and it sounds like everything is ordered (some things are already recieved) and the build up should happen next week!!
    I went with the Weiand X-cellerator intake, got the heads "freshened-up" New valve springs, roller lifters, cam, crank, rods, pistons, oil pump and maybe some other things. This motor is going to be fun!!!
    A question I want to throw out there is this: We went with a Comp Cam with a 547 in-exh lift, 230-236 Duration, but this was based on the older stock roller lifters being left in. Now that they will be new and better could we go bigger ?? Is there a gain to be had without giving up reliability? or a workable idle?? Input needed please.
    Also, where is that prop calculator at?? I know it was posted a while back, but I couldn't find it.

Taylorman
    I can't answer your question cause i keep staring at your avatar.

GofastRacer
    Update:
    I talked with Info and it sounds like everything is ordered (some things are already recieved) and the build up should happen next week!!
    I went with the Weiand X-cellerator intake, got the heads "freshened-up" New valve springs, roller lifters, cam, crank, rods, pistons, oil pump and maybe some other things. This motor is going to be fun!!!
    A question I want to throw out there is this: We went with a Comp Cam with a 547 in-exh lift, 230-236 Duration, but this was based on the older stock roller lifters being left in. Now that they will be new and better could we go bigger ?? Is there a gain to be had without giving up reliability? or a workable idle?? Input needed please.
    Also, where is that prop calculator at?? I know it was posted a while back, but I couldn't find it.
    Check your E-Mail!..

Rev. Williams
    Check your E-Mail!..
    I did, and I got nothing
    Try Jerry_Williams@Countrywide.com
    Thanks

GofastRacer
    I did, and I got nothing
    Try Jerry_Williams@Countrywide.com
    Thanks
    Ok you should have it now!..

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast