Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rev. Williams Engine Project

Info.....................is it done yet ????????? Where we at??? Do I need to come out & crack the whip??? ...just bustin yo balls.

Infomaniac
    It's OK I needed to update anyway.
    Still waiting on the rotating assembly. They had to order the pistons and will ship everything together. Gotta wait for the good stuff. Soo.....
    Cannot bore the block without the pistons, cannot clearance for stroker without the rotating assembly, cannot deck the block to the proper quench without trial fitting the rotating assembly. But we did line hone the mains LOL And cannot cam bearing freeze plug etc without all the machine work done. Gotta balance everything when we get it also.
    Valve job is done and can assemble the heads with the new springs.
    Today is 2 weeks since it arrived. We are still on schedule for the 3 week estimate except for the camshaft.
    I have been searching high and low for a cam. Comp sent a cam but not for a Gen VI NO ONE HAS GEN VI CORES !!!! Comp has none and neither does Crane. I was leaning toward a Crane 168731 cam since the Rev. decided on using new lifters. Soo.... the only hang up I see so far is no cam.
    Cams anyone ????

Taylorman
    What about Chris at Stefs that is doing the selecting camshaft thread?

Rev. Williams
    It's OK I needed to update anyway.
    Still waiting on the rotating assembly. They had to order the pistons and will ship everything together. Gotta wait for the good stuff. Soo.....
    Cannot bore the block without the pistons, cannot clearance for stroker without the rotating assembly, cannot deck the block to the proper quench without trial fitting the rotating assembly. But we did line hone the mains LOL And cannot cam bearing freeze plug etc without all the machine work done. Gotta balance everything when we get it also.
    Valve job is done and can assemble the heads with the new springs.
    Today is 2 weeks since it arrived. We are still on schedule for the 3 week estimate except for the camshaft.
    I have been searching high and low for a cam. Comp sent a cam but not for a Gen VI NO ONE HAS GEN VI CORES !!!! Comp has none and neither does Crane. I was leaning toward a Crane 168731 cam since the Rev. decided on using new lifters. Soo.... the only hang up I see so far is no cam.
    Cams anyone ????
    Thanks Info !! Don't worry about Bigamist, I think he's just getting sick of me riding in his boat all the time now!!
    I'm still powdercoating a few things and rearranging wires while the motor is out so no rush at all.... And if there is anything I can do to help find you a cam let me know.

Infomaniac
    What about Chris at Stefs that is doing the selecting camshaft thread?
    I've got a call in to Chris.
    Thanks

Beer-30
    Crane 169621? Probably carb only. Looks a little heavier on the .050 #s

Rev. Williams
    I've got a call in to Chris.
    Thanks
    Hey Info.... Were you able to get hold of him? Does he have what you need?

Beer-30
    I am having a craving to view freshly machined metal.

Infomaniac
    Hey Info.... Were you able to get hold of him? Does he have what you need?
    His guy was out of Gen VI cores also :idea: But Chris recommended that I call CP performance etc. They had one in stock but Comp called today and said that they got cores in and will grind us one up Monday. I will post some pics later.

ROZ
    You still preaching to the choir ?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast