Thread: Thanx to Bobby Hewitt

WILDERTHANU
    I've owned one of his cutom built Coles for a while now, and he was cool enough to take the time and give me some history on the boat and share some knowledge with me and offered to help with the set-up and where to begin with the new motor. Thanx again Bobby!!
    Hewitt custom boats (www.hewittcustomboats.com)
    Geoff Kreutzer

BILLY.B
    Went to high school with Bobby Jr. so needless to say i've known him for a long time. Have known his Dad even longer who was once the president of the old NDBA and also a wealth of knowledge when it comes to a flatbottom. In fact he was just at the shop two weeks ago setting up my brothers Sanger before Bobby headed for CFW. I would have to say that that is where Bobby Jr. got his start, following in his fathers foot steps around the race course.

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    I've owned one of his cutom built Coles for a while now, and he was cool enough to take the time and give me some history on the boat and share some knowledge with me and offered to help with the set-up and where to begin with the new motor. Thanx again Bobby!!
    Hewitt custom boats (www.hewittcustomboats.com)
    Geoff Kreutzer
    nice website.......has there been any feedback on that new tr-7 with the wing plate thingamajig?

EXTREMEBOATS
    Billy, are you sure you want to share history about Bobby???? From what I've learned hes kind of shakey.... I had the opportunity to talk with Sr. while Kristina was working on a artical. What a honor it was, I could only try to imagine life back then. Bobby Jr. is a lucky man. To grow up in this sport had to be awsome. Like so many sons and even daughters that have lived the history of v-drives. I really enjoyed Bobbys visit out here, we relized how much we're alike and yet so far apart. We met back in 89-90 at SFI meetings about base line requirements of capsules at the begining. One memory we shared was reminessed during his vist. TOP SECRET ya know :jawdrop: All chit aside, Bobby has so much to aid the future of this sport. I call him weekly just to hear him tell me to "DUMMY UP" for a minute. Our last words befor we hang up are a bit more vulgar but with love...
    Mike
    Hey call that SOB and tell him im still talking good about his old butt.... :supp:

EXTREMEBOATS
    I got a call from Bobby tonight about my post after Billy B. From what Bob told me my use of the "Shakey" word was taken in a negative way by a few people. I was in no way bashing him, or implying he was a "Shakey" person. I reread what I said and thought it was very clear that I have the utmost respect for him. As I also said I could only wish that I grew up with him to. For what ever reason some took it differently I assure you that Bobby is one unselfish, stand up guy. With more knowledge and experence than most, and be so willing to share it with any one in need. Bobby knows I ment no harm, I just did'nt think what I posted was harmfull. Billy I hope I didnt offend you in any way either. Your a master at your trade and I hope to meet you in the future.
    Mike

WILDERTHANU
    Bobbys alright, if people want to hate on him thats their bad. The dude has proven his knowledge over and over again.

TimeToBurn
    I know Bobby pretty well...
    He does great Tooling work! (as he helped tool the new 33 Daytona) He know just about anything and everything about drag boats... I learned alot from him.
    Cheers!
    From the Eliminator crowd.

HOLLYWOOD
    I really enjoyed reading the kind words you all had for my family. I am the youngest Hewitt, it is nice to know my Dad and my Brothers legends still live on. Bobby puts so much love and pride into his work and it is truly wonderful to see people appreciate him.
    Dad has moved on to restoring classic cars and is traveling abroad. My hubby has a powerboat (magic) which of course is supposed to be a pleasure boat......but, somehow it keeps appearing with blown motors in it...some things never change!
    Thanks again for the positive posts, I know it means a lot to my Dad and Brother.
    Holly