Thread: Demon or Holly

shootingstar72683
    How does the Demon (Barry Grant750 carb.)compared to the Holly750.

Hollis
    I'm trying to set my brand new sea Demon 750 now, I bought the 1" high Supersucker and at this point am trying to set the float height and figure why it's flamming. This may take a while but I'll let you know.

Wicked Performance Boats
    The floats are supposed to be set when you buy it. If you need to reset it, start engine get it to idle, loosen top screw on floatbowl adjustment[barely turn it] and turn the nut below the screw counter clockwise to raise level or clockwise to lower level , after each movement of the nut[ about a quarter turn at a time ] lock top screw and rev the motor a couple of time to use some fuel and let float compensate for change. When you do the secondary float, you must rev it till the secondaries kick in to use fuel. Just look thru the site glass to set the level. by the way, make sure you don't have too much fuel pressure, pushing fuel past the needle and seat.[no more than 8psi, better at 7] Budlight :clover:

shootingstar72683
    I'm trying to set my brand new sea Demon 750 now, I bought the 1" high Supersucker and at this point am trying to set the float height and figure why it's from flamming. This may take a while but I'll let you know.
    This is the first time trying this carb. It was left out in the elements for a year. In the process of inquireing about a kit ,I was offered a new Holly. Wondered why. When I knocked it apart, it was real easy to fool with and cleaned up real good no gaskets mostly O-rings, re-useable. :idea:

Wicked Performance Boats
    Make sure you set the acc pumps right. If anybody has fooled with them, they can be off. Open the throttle to wide open. and push on the acc pump arm, if it doesn't have about .020 before bottoming out ,adjust lever till you do. Some people think that's a tuning tool to get rid of a flat spot. It may work but it's not the correct way to do it. Budlight

shootingstar72683
    Make sure you set the acc pumps right. If anybody has fooled with them, they can be off. Open the throttle to wide open. and push on the acc pump arm, if it doesn't have about .020 before bottoming out ,adjust lever till you do. Some people think that's a tuning tool to get rid of a flat spot. It may work but it's not the correct way to do it. Budlight
    Thanks, that helped