Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CircleBoats in Burely,ID updates

Michael Minegar
    Burley needs new management or new decision makers. As a sanctioning body they need to realize that boat counts are down and with low boat counts comes no spectators. Without spectators the promoters don't have money to pay the racers. I could not believe what I was told the purse was for the SS class. I think the APBA needs to reevaluate it's classes. I'm no brain surgeon, but the PS class is questionable. You do not need to have a class that is that close to the SS deal. The crowd can't tell the difference between the two.Then on top of it you have SS boats that enter both divisions. This only confuses the fans even more. If you elimintated the PS class maybe those owners would put the SS motors back in them and make the SS class stronger....Maybe? I have been going to Burley for several years and watched it go from 70 boats or more...ie K-boats, several hydro classes..To a rather poor showing of say, 35 boats. The campground was less than half full. The spectator count way down. I say bring on the NKRA. I wanna see "Big Smoke" coming from the K-5 camp. I wanna meet Billy B. there. I wanna meet Doss. Tony it was great talking to ya. Hope you have better luck next time out. I hope I have not rubbled anybody the wrong way here. I was raised in this sport and want to see it prosper like it once did.

dossangers
    I think as long as the apba is involved there will be no K boats. I know i would go Billy tried to put together a deal this year but apba got involved and no K'S!! :cry: :cry:

Static Films
    well i heard some words from jack - big man who puts it on ... and apba ... is just running themselves outta there he doesnt want them the drivers dont want them .... he was saying last time he tried to get K's out there he paid all this money and 5 boats showed with 3 of them breaking.....all weekend i heard people asking if the k boats are here... it is looking up for the K's and down for the apba

Michael Minegar
    That is another serious problem...boats breaking. You need boat numbers so you dont feel the loss of a boat as bad. Really missed Lance in the GN class. He puts on a great show. If you could PM me the name of the man in charge I would love to help organize the event for 06. I think this could and should be one of the premiere events on anyone's schedule. Great fanbase and tremendous potential. Another sanctioning body possibly???

Michael Minegar
    I don't mean to be stupid, but how do I go in and change my name to something cooool. I don't want to be known as Michael...I want to be cooler than that.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I think as long as the apba is involved there will be no K boats. I know i would go Billy tried to put together a deal this year but apba got involved and no K'S!! :cry: :cry:
    I'm in.
    As it stands the Prostock class is the entry level class Crazy Huh!
    Honcho Villa! :devil:

MAXIMUS
    I don't mean to be stupid, but how do I go in and change my name to something cooool. I don't want to be known as Michael...I want to be cooler than that.
    How about... :idea: Michael Midfinger??? :messedup: Or just Midfinger! :notam: That would be pretty kewl!

vdriver4ever
    Since Mike is my brother I could give you guys lots of ideas for cool names!
    Last Saturday night there was some young kids that got kicked out of the camping area. They were just being kids and not hurting anyone so I felt sorry for them. I was concerned that they had no place to go. I found out the next day that they went to a motel three blocks away and got four rooms. I was stunned! Ten years ago you could not get a room in that town within four months of the boat race. They have not added motels and I am sure their population is up.....
    Its not rocket science. No boats no fans. Sanctioning body's tend to spend way too much time thinking of themselves and not the fans. APBA is not the first to ever do this. NASCAR in the last five years is starting to get it.

Moneypitt
    As I recall, 1992 at Burley was C.R.R.A., with either IHBA or NJBA envolved, and APBA sent packing..........Then the next year, APBA was back strong and continues to be the sanctioning body, again, This Year?? I really don't care who won or lost, what I really care about is that NO ONE GOT HURT, And that is a great weekend of racing..........PERIOD.........RAy

kipperps28
    SS and PS used to be way more different than it is now, but that was the "old" SS rules (pre Lunati, Jesel, Dart, JE, etc). It's not that PS has come down to the SS level, it's that an SS engine is now able to make decent power. "Ain't nothin' stock about a Super Stock..." Don't get me wrong... Super Stock is one rule (roller cam) away from having a really cool engine package, but a "real" Pro Stock (with a "real driver") will smoke a good SS- there just aren't many real PS boats right now, and SS is the class to run!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast