Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CircleBoats in Burely,ID updates

Static Films
    Burley needs help ..... there was no more then 1000 people there on sunday .... including the racers.... was sad sad day at burley..... i think IHBA should be brought back .... Top Fuels K's and superstocks are a great show

dossangers
    next year when all the k's are finished we could very well have 10+ solid boats running ???????????? :jawdrop: :eat:

vdriver4ever
    Moneypitt your right the most important part was the fact it was a safe race.
    I am the first to say that I don't know all the politics and reasons why K's are no longer running there. I don't even know why all the hydro's are not running. I just know that the boat count is down and the crowd is down. When that happens the purses go down. The further the purse goes down the less boats show up.
    I know for the last two years the nostalgic boats have been trying to run there as well. Again I don't have a clue why they are kept out, and perhaps there is a darn good reason? I just know that you can't continue to sell a good show when your eliminating classes. You have to find a way to replace those lost boats and fans.
    How we got here means very little to me. The fact that a direction change is needed does. I love this race and want to see it continue for many years. For some of us this is our only boat racing fix.

chickenhead
    i agree i think burley needs to pull there head out of there a*& and get things back they were in the late 80's and early 90's that was when it was fun to watch and it was worth the money. does anyone know what happen to the ss80 on sunday?

SSR
    I heard there were a couple of pro mods in burley this weekend :idea:

CircleJerk
    Interesting.....just tonight, I got a call from the 'other guys' and we just may be welcomed to their next race! timing, coincidence? I'll believe it when it happens, we have tried for two years for an invite to Burley, if it goes nonapba then the Ks and US can party in Idaho! Even though our boat count is down somewhat, we did entertain at Tastin Racin, but the announcer was just plain a jErK! My new :eat: motor is IN!

vdriver4ever
    The SS 80 blew up a motor on Saturday and another one Sunday. They announced that the back up motor was on borrowed time.
    Boyd... I am headed today to San Diego and Dave Sammons to have my Nordskog restored again. Perhaps it can be a Burley entry in 06? Then again it may be so nice that all I want to do it polish it.....

Burley was great! I met a few people from the boards and got to run with the big dogs on a big course. Ty Newton basically laid the smackdown on everyone. Scott Nish would have given him a run but ran into some engine problems. I have lots to learn before I can expect to be in the same league as these guys. Bill Faulkner, Gordie Jennings and Dave Rankin, thank you for all your help. It is greatly welcomed and appreciated. We ran 10 heats at 7 1/2 miles per heat. My leg is a little wounded.
    To Jeff Brochueser and the SS68 crew, thanks for taking a nobody in this sport and tossing me the keys. We will get there soon. To my team "mate" Chris the "Aussie Pimp Daddy Kenner" it is great racing with you. Thank you for all your help. Good news, I stayed dry.
    Tony

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234