Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra 23' Deckboat Questions

OSUman
    I read the article in the Hot Boat mag, does anybody have any comments on this boat good or bad.

sigepmock
    Do a search on here for it. There have been several discussions about it. Overall consensus, I think, is that it's a great boat, very fast, roomy for it's size, just a little small for the big weekends on Havasu but overall a great boat. We looked at it very closely and just about bought one before deciding to wait for the Ultra 25 deck that's in the works.
    Chris

BarryMac
    I read the article in the Hot Boat mag, does anybody have any comments on this boat good or bad.
    PM Grape Ape or Brady Bunch, they have one and really like it...

OSUman
    So they are in the process of making a 25' deck now, will it be the same bottom design

shippingguy
    So they are in the process of making a 25' deck now, will it be the same bottom design
    It will still be a tunnel, but bigger than the 23. PM ULTRA28 or give him or Steve a call down in El Cajon or John D. and Bob at the Corona location. I have been in one and it is a great boat. I think the 25 is going to be based off of the 27 Shadow. John was working with the designers yesterday all day.

sigepmock
    It will still be a tunnel, but bigger than the 23. PM ULTRA28 or give him or Steve a call down in El Cajon or John D. and Bob at the Corona location. I have been in one and it is a great boat. I think the 25 is going to be based off of the 27 Shadow. John was working with the designers yesterday all day.
    I don't want to put words in their mouth but from what I've talked with John W. and the guys about, I agree that it will be a cat/tunnel bottom, a hybrid between the 27' and 23'. It's still in the design stages so who knows for sure, we all know things change in design. I think the idea is to create a deck boat with more freeboard and big lake handling than the 23, but with a similar layout. Like everything Ultra designs, I'm sure it will be nice. Also I think the goal is to have it ready by the LA Boat show in January but that is a pretty aggressive goal and I'm sure John and Ultra won't release it until it up to par. I can't wait to see it and get myself on the list. We'll be ready to step up soon, I hope.
    Chris

THOR
    When I talked to Steve at Ultra, the 25 will be the 27 bottom with the stretched 23 top for the deck portion. Should be bitchin.

roln 20s
    Thats a great starting point--from first hand experience the new updated '27' bottom is totally dialed in. Look forward to seeing this 25--should be another high quality product from the JW shop

Phat Matt
    Clark C knows a few things. lol But don't ask Shadow, he doesn't have any friends.

dicudmore
    Thats a great starting point--from first hand experience the new updated '27' bottom is totally dialed in. Look forward to seeing this 25--should be another high quality product from the JW shop
    that 27 is bitchin' isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast