Thread: Twin 22 Daytona setup question

gd2fast4u
    I have a 1991, 22' Daytona with two, 2.5 mercury outboards with tilt only using 28 pitch mazco props. I have a set of 28-cleaver and 28-chopper props. The center of the prop shaft is about equal with the bottom of the hull.
    My kids want to be able to ski behind our boat but it just will not get on plane with too many passengers or a skier. The prop blows out and will not catch back up.
    I was told that I need to just prop it down to a 24" and it will work. I thought lowering the engines would do the trick, but I was told it doesn't.
    I really don't need the boat setup to run 95+ MPH, so if I had to give up 20 mph to have a more usable boat, I am ok with that. I have seen twins used for skiing, so what do I need to do...please help.

andy01
    I am no expert, well some might think I am........
    I would think by lowering the x (your motors) lower in the water they would get a better bite and the boat would roll over on plane. It probably takes nothing to lower your motors down. Drop them down a 1/4 of an inch at a time. If it doesn't feel like it will ever roll over now start with a 1/2 inch and then go in 1/4 or 1/8 drops. How much prop blow out do you get now with no load? A lot a little?
    Andy

gd2fast4u
    I lowered the engines about 2.5 inches. They are now on the top mounting hole. It did help as we used the boat this week in Lake Mohave and pulled the kids on the tube. The boat does seem to run a little wetter at speed though. Then on the last day I lost one of my custom alien engine cowlings in the bottom of the lake :cry: :cry: :cry: ,,,