Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: FOAATA were coming for you..

TOBTEK
    I've got some.... I'll post a couple.
    The Rhino is now down getting some mids and tweets with a lil' bit of Sub Bass.... It'll then come back to me for seats and cage.
    Front a-arm, with powdercoating; PIC1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...frontarm-1.jpg) PIC2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...frontarm-2.jpg)
    Rear a-arm, no powdercoating; PIC1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...arm-1-nopc.jpg) PIC2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...arm-2-nopc.jpg)
    I'll take some of the bumpers completed... as well as full a-arm shots sometime this weekend.... enjoy!
    MAN...I wish I'd known you had some space. You could have had the limo there before the BIG MAN's Rhino came back. Want it TODAY?

JohnnyAirtime
    MAN...I wish I'd known you had some space. You could have had the limo there before the BIG MAN's Rhino came back. Want it TODAY?
    hahaha... no, not today.... but, let me seriously call "Kenny" the stereo guy and see what his schedule is like and when he'll have it done. Not when he "thinks" it'll be done... but the reality of it. If I have a couple days come Monday... then for sure we can do a Monday-Tuesday thing.
    I have a feeling if he gets Bill's parts today he'll work on it all weekend to get it done. IF so, then Monday is back on Bill's Cage work.
    I wanna get ya taken care of...!! (That Limo Sled needs more height!)
    As well as anyone else out there who'd like the custom cage (for the Rhino or ??) and whatever else... as we talked, I don't think I'll be "jigging" the cages. I want each one to be perfect as builts. Not something to where they're all the exact same. That's why we call it "custom".

TOBTEK
    Did You Get The New Plasma Cutter? I Want To Come Down And Cut Shitz Up

JohnnyAirtime
    Did You Get The New Plasma Cutter? I Want To Come Down And Cut Shitz Up
    Yup!! Damn thing cuts like butttttter.
    Amazing if you ask me... it's so convenient to just whip it out compared to the oxy/acetylene... and it's so easy to use. I just wish I had a more stable hand. Straightedges work great!
    I built a stand for it yesterday... off to the powdercoater on Monday.

Evo22
    hey Johnny how much wider did you make the arms? and how much travel does it have now?

JohnnyAirtime
    hey Johnny how much wider did you make the arms? and how much travel does it have now?
    It's double top secret... LOL!
    2.5" each arm, or 5" overall for the Rhino.
    Total travel is 6.5" (at the shock) on each side front to back (limited only by the shock at this time - no bump stops or limiting straps). Too much further and the axle(s) would bind.
    It works nice... however I need to up the spring rate in the front, and keep the rear the same. Seems to work great.
    How much over did the Orange one go???

Evo22
    the overall track is 8.5" wider than stock and a 5" longer wheelbase It has 14" of travel

plaster dave
    the overall track is 8.5" wider than stock and a 5" longer wheelbase It has 14" of travel
    Damn thats alot evo is the man.

JohnnyAirtime
    14" of travel on stock axle joints?? Or is that out at the tire, and actual 'shock' travel is less? I couldn't get the stock axle's CVs to go past what they're doing now on WW's Rhino... so I can't see them going much further.
    And ya, that Orange Rhino is WIIIIIIIDDE! Too wide for some peeps. But it looks Burly!! How does it work in the whoops? ...some small kicker jumps??
    I'd be interested to see.
    I also just talked to another guy who's building a-arms and axles for these things... I'll put his info up when I know more and what he's doing for price...etc.

Evo22
    [QUOTE=JohnnyAirtime]14" of travel on stock axle joints?? Or is that out at the tire, and actual 'shock' travel is less? I couldn't get the stock axle's CVs to go past what they're doing now on WW's Rhino... so I can't see them going much further.
    And ya, that Orange Rhino is WIIIIIIIDDE! Too wide for some peeps. But it looks Burly!! How does it work in the whoops? ...some small kicker jumps??
    I'd be interested to see.
    I also just talked to another guy who's building a-arms and axles for these things... I'll put his info up when I know more and what he's doing for price...etc.[/QUOTE
    Yea just about 14" at the centerline of the wheel!! no problem witth the CV's it was the ball joints we couldn't get to articulate enough( that is why we used the 1" sperical bearings) we use the 6" king shock and they are mounted a little less than 1/2 way down the arm and then we stood it up (new uppershock mount)to give us the travel we needed. Just got the metric cutter in for the splines on the axles so we will have our own axles now!!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast