Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canopied 25 Daytona's

HP350SC
    Looking at '04-'05 25 Daytona's, and wondering if anybody knows of any running in 120 mph range, or with big power. Need to know if there are any handling issues or porpoising problems out there. Selling a 22 Stoker with no handling concerns, and don't want to buy a problem. Yes I know a 25 is small, but that's as big as I want to go right now, so no comments about that please. :wink: All comments good or bad on the 25 welcome. Thanks.

andy01
    I am not sure if the 04-05 bottom is different or not from older models. I have ridden in a older 25' Daytona and it didn't have any handling issuses. One person to get a hold of this board is Riverliver, he has a 25 Daytona running in the mid teens. He has a lot of seat time and can drive that Daytona like nobodies business. Talk to him, I am sure he will prove helpful.
    Andy

HP350SC
    I was wondering if the bottom was the same too. Thanks for reply.

pleasantcat
    25 daytona,very high x some porpose but add power and she settles right in. ran 118 in havazoo felt so solid at that speed.

Craig
    Seans boat runs good, here's a short video (but a little far away ) on his 118 mph run 118 mph (http://www.justanothertoy.com/videos/POLSean.wmv)

HP350SC
    Can't ask for more than video Thanks man! How much power does Sean have to run that spped? I'm looking at building something along the lines of a Teague 900, or more if I have to

acatitude
    HP did you sell yours already or are you joining the everybody needs 2 boats club??? good luck I know whatever you build will turn out awesome.

Craig
    HP, the motor in Seans boat has not been dyno'd. Based on what he has, I'd guess about 900 horsepower or so, but that's just a swag That Teague 900 would probably be just about right!

HP350SC
    HP did you sell yours already or are you joining the everybody needs 2 boats club??? good luck I know whatever you build will turn out awesome.
    Well not yet, this yayhoo up here gave me a $500 deposit until Tuesday, looks like I'm keeping it because his loan sounds iffy.
    riverbound is interested as far as I know, unless he goes with a whacker..
    Assuming it does sell, may have to go with a base 350 Bravo until I can get the performance stuff. Up here they order them with the exhaust holes wide so it's easy to plug in a BBC. And I GOTTA have cool gel work

Dave C
    mine is slow but at least it handles great up to that point

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast