Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want a web site!

Kachina26
    I don't need to design one, I just want to get a site name that will link to an existing site. Who knows how to do this?

Kachina26
    Register the site name you want and as soon as it's activated, run a very simple redirect script on the index page. The whole process should take about 5 minutes to write the script and upload it.
    So how do I do that?

Boatcop
    First you have to decide on a name and register the name. I suggest GoDaddy (http://www.godaddy.com) to register and host the site. Lowest price on the net I've found, and excellent service.
    Go to their site and look around. They'll explain the process there.

Kachina26
    First you have to decide on a name and register the name. I suggest GoDaddy (http://www.godaddy.com) to register and host the site. Lowest price on the net I've found, and excellent service.
    Go to their site and look around. They'll explain the process there.
    Thanx Alan, I did it. Shouldn't you be patrolling or attending OP6C?

piper
    Yeah Boatcop, I know there are plenty of PWC doing dumb things out there. :lightsabe

C-2
    Yup, Go Daddy is your one stop shop and always up. If you buy a .com, they will also include a .net and .biz and .info at a discounted rate. I bought all the domain names and a year of hosting the other night - it was $68.00, and inclkuded .com. .net .org .info .biz .tv .us
    After the domain is up (24hours) redirecting all the other domains to your .com (or whatever you choose as your main page) is siimple, they have a drop down box to do it.

jdogginla
    What's with the chicks dig candles? C'mon Randy!

piper
    He's just trying to make an extra buck.

Kachina26
    My wife has some sort of candle fetish and has been selling Gold Canyon candles. She just got her website up and I thought I would help her out. Ya know, you could benefit from some candles yourself. Because....... Chicks dig candles (http://www.mygccandle.com/candlejunkie)

Kachina26
    He's just trying to make an extra buck.
    Actually, I don't think there's any money being made. My wife buys so many candles for herself, I figure we're saving money by having her sell them. It gives her something to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast