Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Attacks...

Her454
    In light of the latest Dog (Pit Bull) attack in San Francisco where the mother left the child with a dog that had bit the child previously that day......and then killed him later while left along with the dog...
    What do you think should happen to people and or animals that attack and kill people? SF is now banning Pit Bulls from the city limits......Im not sure thats the right approach, but maybe a start?
    I think that dogs should be put down, period. The owners should be prosecuted depending on the circumstance but most certainly prosecuted if the animal had a history of aggression and the owner with negligence. Unfortunatly this is most of time difficult to prove as it does not get documented until its too late.

Tom Brown
    In a case where their is documented problems with an animal or a breed, the owner should be prosecuted heavily.
    I could keep a tiger at my house and think he's a total sweetheart but if it gets out and kills a neighbor's kid, I would deserve to have my nuts cut off.

Wonderboy
    Every case will be different, but in this one the mother is clearly at fault. She left her child with the dog that had bitten the child earlier in the day? WTF? I say several years jail time for her.

oldbuck40
    shoot the damn dog and feed the parents to the lion's,see if they like it. poor kid. i dont mean for this to sound bad but if the dog act's like this from the way it was treated then what do you think the child would have acted like when he or she grew up! its not the dogs fault,but it sure is the parents!

syke-o
    the parents need to be punished...

Her454
    Mother of mauling victim feared family dog
    Shut boy in basement while she ran errands
    Monday, June 13, 2005 Posted: 2:43 AM EDT (0643 GMT)
    Nicholas Scott Faibish, 12, was mauled to death by his family's two pit bulls on June 3.
    SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.
    Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.
    She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.
    "I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."
    Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.
    Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."
    Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.
    No charges have been filed.
    "It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."
    Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack.
    Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.
    "Nicky's Time to Go" was helped along by the mothers negligence. What an assinine thing to say, even grief stricken.

Sleek-Jet
    A dog behaves as it was raised... so who raises the dog??? Yep, the owner. Therefore the owner should be help liable for the actions of the dog.
    If a dog has a history of bitting and agressivness, and then it goes out and attacks or kills a person, the owner should be held to the same level as if he or she attacked a person with a deadly weapon.
    It's a little thing adults like to call responsibility. If you want to own a viscous or aggresive dog, then you need to be ready to take ownership of the dog's actions.

Deano
    There are some pretty f**ked up people in this world..
    I had a secretary last year that told me her pit attacked her 7 y/o daughter but, she said her daughter deserved it because she was f'in with it..
    How stupid is that..I have three dogs and if they even growl at any of my kids, for any reason, they get the shit kicked out of em and if it happens again they are gone.
    that crazy bitch needs to go to jail.....fukin locking her son in the basement, holy shit

Tom Brown
    The dogs were misbehaving so they locked their son in the basement? LMAO!
    Hey Traci, I just bought the property next to you and will be moving in with my collection of snakes. Don't worry, they won't come over and kill you, your daughter, and your animals... these are very gentle snakes and I've given them a lot of love.

Her454
    The dogs were misbehaving so they locked their son in the basement? LMAO!
    Hey Traci, I just bought the property next to you and will be moving in with my collection of snakes. Don't worry, they won't come over and kill you, your daughter, and your animals... these are very gentle snakes and I've given them a lot of love.
    I was wondering who purchased that property..... Im glad you treat your snakes well and give them lots of love, but if they cross my fence I'll blow them to shit. Even if they're just being friendly..................
    Welcome to the Hood..............

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast