Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Havasu-Calif. man killed, 14 hurt in boat crash

XTRM22
    COOL the jets Turbo, whats wrong with haveing you family ( Kids being 9,10,11,12,14) or who ever out on the water 150' off shore at any time of night. That is about how far i anchor my boat off the beach at crazy hourse camp ground. when its HOT out we sit out on the boats all the time at night and BS swim listen to tunes, the kids play and swim sometimes till 2:00am. whats the big deal, thats why we camp out there or at the Nautical Inn, or the river house so the kids can play in the water and have fun. and we can hang out in the boats and maybe go for a late night cruise. We shouldn't have to worry about some JACKASS slaming in to the boat. Bottom line it doesn't matter who's in the boat at 1:00/whatever time you dont even know WTF thay were doing. BTW iam not an Idiot, just like to have fun with my kids/friends. and that doesn't have a time-limit or time-frame when we are out on Vacation.
    I'm going to have to agree with J540 on this one, as long as the Tahiti had it's lights on there's no excuse for this accident and the kids being out isn't really an issue. I spent many nights as a kid either sleeping in the boat while others cat fished, or cat fishing myself from age 5 on up.
    Chuck

BoatPI
    One thing I am sure they will look at is child endangerment issues. Safe to say he should be in state prison. And on .20 alcohol. tollerence is the word here. Alcoholics can sustain themselves walking and talking with a higher level of alcohol than a non consumer or a perosn (like me) that stops at a beer or two a day.

Ex_Californian
    Hi folks. I heard about the Hondo boat crash over the weekend. The driver is one of my friends I have known since High School.
    I just thought you might want to know his daughter is going to be ok. Chris did go to Phoenix with his wife after the first accident. He was then told to go back to the river. I know most of you have already passed judgment on him but I think it's important that you know he felt horrible about what happened to his daughter. Other than what you already read earlier in the post, Chris is a good, loving father to his daughter, what happened to his daughter was truly an accident. I dont know of too many pleasure boats that carry seat belts. And I am positive some of you have accidently caught air on a wake before.
    As for what happened after he returned... I wont try to justify or defend anything that happened. I just know we all deal with things differently.
    Be careful out there.

Three Days Only
    We saw the aftermath of this accident Friday night / Saturday Morning. Very tragic to see all the young kids and adults in udder shock over what had occured. My thoughts go out to the family and friends of the man that died, and the women Katie (I believe) who I hope is okay and has a quick recovery. Hopefully everyone will make it thru the times to come.
    Jeff (3DO)

Redneck
    Very sad...boating at night can be very dangerous.
    we were in the channel near the bridge at about 1 am that night didnt see anything coming but it does snap you back into reality about how dangerous night rides are. I never drink when I go out at night due to the dangers out there. Hopefully everyone else will have a full recovery will keep the prayers going for them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234