Thread: Droop question...

BarryMac
    I'm going to put an American Turbine Droop between my AT Pump and Place Diverter, I dont have a Ride plate, what can I expect? Am I okay to add the Droop and not the Ride Plate? Do I need some sort of fitting to extend the steering rod? Thanks any info you can provide would be terrific... :smile:

Nubbs
    If you add a droop, you will need an extension and "swivel" like the ones pictured. I think Rex has both of them.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...1extension.jpg

squirtcha?'s_son
    If u put a droop on ur u dont kneed a ride plate all it does is adjust ur ride on the water.When my father and i first got our droop we tried the boat with and without the rideplate. we took a gps at wot no change in speed or ride for us

BarryMac
    Thanks for the responses.

sanger rat
    Go to the hardware store and buy some 5/16x3in. SS lag bolts and cut the heads off. Use them for studs in your bowl. Will make it much easier when you will want to try some wedges later. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...937picpcb1.jpg

I just used stainless allthread. It comes in three foot sections and you can cut em whatever length you want. Just clean up the ends with a grinder where ya cut it, and run a nut, or die over the threads a time or two.
    Same principle as above, but a little cheaper. Some of the droops (Place Diverter in particular) don't give you a lot of room at the bottom. Kinda tight quarters. I don't know what your's looks like.

BarryMac
    Thanks guys, that is some great advice, I will definitely do that...

cave
    gjb I added a AT Droop and noticed a big difference. I did get a porpoise at higher speeds but the water was ruff. Most peps say add a wedge to counter the 4° that the AT Droop adds. I'm off to Ace hardware later this AM to get some stainless studs or all thread and a wedge from 460 J G I.
    I got my whole set up for around 325. This included the droop, gasket, 4" steering extension & all the mounting hardware, steering shim, steering swivel & s.s. studs. All the mounting hardware was included. I had to cut the steering shim down but you may not have to. I also cut the lower steering pivot on the bottom of the droop. Thats the part that holds my Place Diverter on. The pivot was lower by 5/8" Just didn't look right so I cut it. Brian of Bergeron took care of me. I don't really know if this was a great deal. But I did price all this stuff separately from other vendors and it seam to be the most complete & by far the less expensive.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center..._extention.jpg