Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: need BBF ford advice

Ken F
    The point you were tryng to make was to sell a pump to someone who, IMO, dosen't need anything more than a stock pump. His motor and a fuel motor have nothing in common, especially oil system demands.
    I don't want to get into it wicha, Lakes, I just think you could have been a little more subtle about your promotion.
    FIRST LET ME APPOLOGISE TO WIREDNUT FOR THE MESS HIS THREAD HAS TURNED INTO!
    Steelcomp,
    ya know...here we go again. You are getting almost as bad as Chit for jumping in and bashing people. The original poster (wirednut)has spent quite a lot of money on parts for his engine. From his parts list I'd say that our two engines are pretty close. I spent quite a lot of time emailing & calling Lem & Charlie Evans of Evans racing engines (Strictly 385 series) , and talked to John Kasse several times during my engine build. Both shops agreed that in the HP range that I was shooting for, the hi volume of oil and the oil mods to the block were a good saftey factor. LakesOnly was also in agreement with this, and helped me out a lot during the process.
    So....Your opinion doesn't quite agree with Kasse or Evans Racing engines, or Lakes only....Or mine.
    Ken F

steelcomp
    FIRST LET ME APPOLOGISE TO WIREDNUT FOR THE MESS HIS THREAD HAS TURNED INTO!
    Steelcomp,
    ya know...here we go again. You are getting almost as bad as Chit for jumping in and bashing people. The original poster (wirednut)has spent quite a lot of money on parts for his engine. From his parts list I'd say that our two engines are pretty close. I spent quite a lot of time emailing & calling Lem & Charlie Evans of Evans racing engines (Strictly 385 series) , and talked to John Kasse several times during my engine build. Both shops agreed that in the HP range that I was shooting for, the hi volume of oil and the oil mods to the block were a good saftey factor. LakesOnly was also in agreement with this, and helped me out a lot during the process.
    So....Your opinion doesn't quite agree with Kasse or Evans Racing engines, or Lakes only....Or mine.
    Ken F
    Blow me Ken.

Wired Nut
    I understand that the motor I am building is a bit more than my hull could ever use But I dont plan on keepin this hull forever. I would like to get into something a lil bigger next summer and swap this motor.
    I would like to thank everyone for there advice and Knowledge and input it was all helpful as far as the dissagreements go It happens I cant call myself a boater (yet) becouse I havent been on the water but i know how us land lubbers do it Line them up and run them all i can say is some day I hope i will be able to do that with yall
    thanks again to everyone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234