Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: High Court Expands Reach of Eminent Domain

Blown 472
    Valiant attempt, SLSS, but you are beating a "dead horse" (blown).
    "Don't confuse me with the facts, I've already got my mind made up!" :yuk:
    Time will tell.

SmokinLowriderSS
    I'm just waiting to see if the developer gets the property the justices house is on. :crossx: That happens and they'll reverse this one like lightning struck.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Cali is already doing it. Not wasting ANY time. Oakland, California City, Allover the country.
    http://www.emdo.blogspot.com/
    Above link has coppies of new articles all over the US in last couple months.

kahanamoko
    Yeah. To hell with the fact that the whole eminent domain thing is the law and supported by that damn constitution thing. Yeah. And perhaps to hell with the whole constitution thing too. Yeah. Ya know, we should just let the republicans rewrite the constitution too. Yeah. That's it.

Seadog
    What most people do not seem to realize is that the lawsuit was brought by a couple that had bought their house only a few years before the city condemned it. It was in an area that was considered on its way to become a blighted neighborhood. And I doubt that it was much of a house since it was only worth $50,000 when they bought it in 95. For Connetticut that is dirt cheap. When the city made the offers, the couple did not even try to negotiate with them. They went immediately to lawsuit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456