Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rewarder Header Water line Hook-up

Blown509Liberator
    I will be in my Liberator....
    cant miss me
    http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/10005.jpg
    http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/10006.jpg
    [This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited August 02, 2001).]

nastyhabit
    keep water in them at all times trim it down when you light it up then cool em down so you dont end up with high doller black blue and rust headers the valve under the seat comes off the water neck (one only) to the valve then to the headers,the valve eliminates the need for restriction im still runnin the same ones since 1985 with 750 hp there gittin black & blue but only from doin 96 mph passes and keep the rubbers cool goin through the hull ,i might be seein paul from bassett tomarow hes a block away from my shop if any other questions

wrightnow
    I have been running my bassets for about 3 years and the still great with my set-up. I also always wipe my pipes down with windex prior to starting them to remove any body oil from touching them, this will also turn the pipes colors. I dont believe you want to run water thought the pipes at lower rpm due to lapping of valve. This will allow water to be sucked into the engine thats why you run the resrictor.
    I also have been know to run a quick 95+ when required.

riverlover
    Based on some of the answers, should I see water comming out of the little holes near the bottom of my rewarder headers while idling? Does this mean something is plugged up?
    RL

wrightnow
    riverlover, I dont like having water running thru the pipe at idil. this is when you have dont have much pressure to push the water out the headers. If the engine stalls or is shut off, water can run back into the engine. The resrictor tee is there to prevent water entering the headers low RPM.
    I dont think there is only one way to run your water lines, nastyhabit has one way and I have another. You need to find what works best for you.

nastyhabit
    the little holes are there so water wont sit and run into the heads they will always leak if they dont- find out why ??? if the holes rust out to much or get to big junk-em

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12