Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer ball

phebus
    Man what a bitch getting a trailer ball off a hitch bar. With my bad back, I asked my neighbor if he would unbolt a ball for me, so I could replace it with a 2 5/16 inch ball. He went at it with two big ass pipe wrenches, and allmost busted his nuts getting it off. That lock washer really grabs.... Poor sucker, all that for a Sam Adams. :hammer2:

Froggystyle
    Man what a bitch getting a trailer ball off a hitch bar. With my bad back, I asked my neighbor if he would unbolt a ball for me, so I could replace it with a 2 5/16 inch ball. He went at it with two big ass pipe wrenches, and allmost busted his nuts getting it off. That lock washer really grabs.... Poor sucker, all that for a Sam Adams. :hammer2:
    Two words... new hitch. That way you have both.

hoolign
    Two words...gas axe!!

Kindsvater Flat
    I have a 1 7/8 hitch, 2" hitch, 2 5/16 hitch, and my split hitch for moving farm impiments. No changing balls here. And if I have to I just torch it off.

phebus
    That would have been the smart thing, but I had an old hitch bar with a 1 7/8" ball sitting in the garage that hasn't been used in forever, and on my next trip to Havasu I wanted to bring a 2" and 4" bar with me, and that way, between the two, and up or down, I would have the right one. I just won't bolt it up with the lock nut until I'm sure I have the right one. Even then, once I find out what I need, I will probably go buy one of Alumistinger one's. They are really clean, and have a high weight rating.

jbtrailerjim
    Two words... new hitch. That way you have both.
    Yep, that just what I was thinking too and that is what I have done. Those frickin nuts on them hitches are a bitch to break loose. But that's a good thing. I'd rather have them be that way, that way I know they are going to stay tight on that hitch.

Floored
    anti-sieze really helps, the threads will gall and make life rough.

KACHINA KEN
    Try this Pheebs, I have one and I love it. About $240.
    http://www.quickdrawhitch.com/index2.htm

Forkin' Crazy
    Damn... and I thought I was in the back woods.. :squiggle:
    Where have y'all been? I have had one of these for years. Now I have them on all three pickups. They make it in stainless steel too.... Which is what I have!!!
    http://www.convert-a-ball.com/
    http://www.convert-a-ball.com/images/ballanimation.gif

v-drive
    I don't know if 2 piece balls are legal any longer. v-drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast