Thread: Denver Colorado

denverbear
    Looking for boaters in God's country

RAT A TAT CAT
    Whats up,fellow colo boy,me and a couple of friends boat mainly cherry creek or chatfield,with s couple of havasu trips a year. You?

denverbear
    Whats up,fellow colo boy,me and a couple of friends boat mainly cherry creek or chatfield,with s couple of havasu trips a year. You?
    we towed my new glastron out to havasu in march for a week.
    was at chatfield last weekend/fathers day
    beat the long lines by getting there at 8:30 am
    when we left there was a 4 hour at least wait to launch
    we did glendo memorial day, now that a cool place.reminded us of havasu almost but cheaper. awsome beach there. probably going back for labor day weekend.

Boozer
    Try Grand Lake and Shadow Mountain. It is a bit of a drive for just a day trip so I recommend that you plan on staying the night up there just make sure to bring warm clothes because it dips down into freezing temperatures at night even in the middle of July. Grand Lake is comparable in size to Cherry creek but there's a channel that connects it to shadow mountain. Shadow Mountain I believe is something like 7,000 acres so it's a decent sized lake just be cautious towards the dam the water is very murky and shallow near the islands and I have lost a prop over there. It will probably be the most gorgeous place you ever have and ever will launch your boat.
    As far as Glendo goes be very cautious if you plan a Labor day trip. Typically by labor day the water levels tend to get low resulting in most of the ramps being closed. Glendo is still to this day my favorite place to boat it beats Havasu 100 fold.
    Granby is also another neat place to run the boat. I've spent a couple days on the water there and the fishing is amazing. Theres a lot to see in Granby but the water levels there were pretty low the last time I visited.
    Be careful in Chatfield. On the back side of the lake you will encounter a sanbar it creeps right up on you. I was cruising along and the water depths were looking good, next thing I know BAM the boats wedged onto a sandbar. Personally, I'd never run my boat there again but that's just me. I lost 2 props in Chatfield.
    And Last but not least you HAVE to check out Horsetooth. I'm not sure how the water levels are now but I was running there right after they filled up. It's gorgeous out there, there aren't to many boats on the water and while it is a narrow lake it is something like 7 miles long so it's a fun place. Middle of the summer you can usually meet a lot of nice looking college girls there that are very eager to take a ride on your boat.
    Hope this helps.

denverbear
    bump for more colorado boaters

rccobra
    Horsetooth is very nice, except when it gets a bit crowded, since it is narrow Kind of like the narrow part of the River. Wind doesn,t affect the water too much but boat traffic causes alot of wake turbulance.