Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Chicken (beer can chicken)

jackpunx
    I need some recopies for beer can chicken..I got this new thing for cooking it.. and Im going to try it tonight
    I want to do it on the BBQ..
    Anyone done this?
    Thanks

OutCole'd
    No recipies, just use about 1/2 of a beer, (drink the other half) and put the chicken over it. You can use a pre made up chicken rub, but that is all you need to do. Takes a while though.

Mrs Luvnlife
    I need some recopies for beer can chicken..I got this new thing for cooking it.. and Im going to try it tonight
    I want to do it on the BBQ..
    Anyone done this?
    Thanks
    Be there............what time????? :idea:
    You said you were 10 min. from our house....we can be at your house in 3 min!!

thom
    ive never tried it.. Let me know how it turns out..
    I like the idea of one for the pigeon then one for me

Phat Matt
    It works really well. Nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

jackpunx
    Be there............what time????? :idea:
    You said you were 10 min. from our house....we can be at your house in 3 min!!
    Im calling BS.. come over at 6 :wink:

jackpunx
    It works really well. Nice and crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
    I was told to use indirect heat..is that right?
    what about smoking it?

Phat Matt
    I was told to use indirect heat..is that right?
    what about smoking it?
    If you use a gas grill you can turn the left side on and place the chicken on the right. You don't want the grease and fat that drips off it to catch on fire.

jackpunx
    If you use a gas grill you can turn the left side on and place the chicken on the right. You don't want the grease and fat that drips off it to catch on fire.
    thanks..
    I'll try it tonight.. and report back tomorrow

Phat Matt
    thanks..
    I'll try it tonight.. and report back tomorrow
    Good luck.
    1 (4-pound) whole chicken
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    3 tablespoons of your favorite dry spice rub
    1 can beer
    Remove neck and giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside.
    Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its 2 legs and the can like a tripod.
    Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e. no coals or burners on directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear when stabbed with a sharp knife. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast