Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft updates...should I?

HammerDown
    *Windows Malicious Software Removal Toll.
    *XP Service Pack-2
    Reason I ask, last year when I down loaded SP2 my computer got allllllllllll F'ed up :yuk: untill I payed someone to show me how to remove it. :notam:
    My question is about Windows Malicious software removal Tool...(do I really need it), if I install that one will it be bad news like SP2 was
    Thanks for any suggestions, I get the "updates ready for down load" every time I turn on the computer.
    PS. running Windows XP home edition.

Wonderboy
    *XP Service Pack-2
    Reason I ask, last year when I down loaded SP2 my computer got allllllllllll F'ed up :yuk: untill I payed someone to show me how to remove it. :notam:
    My question is about Windows Malicious software removal Tool...(do I really need it), if I install that one will it be bad news like SP2 was
    Thanks for any suggestions, I get the "updates ready for down load" every time I turn on the computer.
    I don't remember seeing this one in particular, but I always keep my computer up to date and have never had any problems. I figure every last bit of protection I can get is for the better.

Dawn Patrol
    I run XP Pro, I have it setup to download updates auto.
    I have never had a problem with this operating system since I installed it.

Kim Hanson
    *XP Service Pack-2
    I just looked and don't do it, that is not on Updates........( . )( . ).......... :idea:

Wonderboy
    I just looked and don't do it, that is not on Updates........( . )( . ).......... :idea:
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder if you picked something up into your registry?

uvindex
    Microsoft does offer a recently announced Malicious Software Removal Tool (i.e., a malware, spyware, adware removal tool). See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;890830 for details.

Kim Hanson
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder if you picked something up into your registry?
    I run XP and it tells you when there is new Updates and that one is not on there, I would say " VIRUS " stay away from it...........( . )( . ).......Or don't believe me and try it, Im just a dumbass with a puter..what do I know anyways

Wonderboy
    I run XP and it tells you when there is new Updates and that one is not on there, I would say " VIRUS " stay away from it...........( . )( . ).......Or don't believe me and try it, Im just a dumbass with a puter..what do I know anyways
    I have mine set up for auto updates too. It's safest.

NorCal Gameshow
    I remember reading that their spyware tool was free at first but, eventually will cost you...(they should man up and take responsiblty for their flaws)
    as far as security updates, do them... if you have any doubts go to microsoft web page and get them there.

Kim Hanson
    Microsoft does offer a recently announced Malicious Software Removal Tool (i.e., a malware, spyware, adware removal tool). See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;890830 for details.
    Well now, I have this nice red box that flash's up when I start my puter saying Malicious Scripting ( don't run )and I just ran that thing from Microsoft and it found nothing ! :jawdrop: I have about 500 songs from LimeWire, nothing....It really should have found something you would think since LimeWire is a Shared System for music?........( . )( . ).........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast