Thread: oil in the bilge

jpeaston
    i had an oil filter not quite tight enough on one side and a loose dipstick on the other, i got a bunch of oil spray in the bilge, just wondering if anybody has a good idea on how to get it out. im thinking of suddin it up with the oil fightin dish soap. what do you think?

HotDogz
    biodegradable engine degreaser
    spray in and rinse out

76ANTHONY
    simple green, light on sood parts and tough on oil. kinda like a commercial huh? it works really well and you spray it where you want it. :idea:

Wicked Performance Boats
    I put a little Wisk dish soap in my bilge everytime I take my boat out. Then put some in after you load the boat on the trailer, then 1/2 the way home, I pull the plug. Budlight

Mighty Thor
    Dawn dish soap and the coin op car wash worked for me. They have a brush and a spray wand for $1.50.

SmokinLowriderSS
    My bilge is pretty hard to access so I blasted mine down with a can of Foamy Engine Brite followed by a rinse of hot water from my small portable pump weed sprayer. Kept the trailer tilted as high as the tongue stand would tip it.
    I had a small drip leak from my "aux" oil press. gauge in the engine bay that managed to drip for several hours getting Syntech all over my bilge area while being moved arround by water. Man that stuff is slimy.