Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speedboat Magazine?

riverrunner
    Anybody else get one sent to them? I've never heard of it before. Got one in the mail yesterday. I know didn't subscribe to it. It looks a lot better than all the others. It actually has something bad to say about every boat tested.

little rowe boat
    Yah,I received one.I know I didn't subscribe.

mud duck
    Yea, I got one yesterday too. I liked it a lot. Read quite a bit of the various boat tests. The front said something like $5.95 per copy, but I never subscribed to it.

91nordic29
    we got one too. didnt subscribe.(?????)

DeltaSigBoater
    Here's what I found online.
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Contact: Kathryn Wender 212.767.6736 / Monique Valeris 212.767.6268
    SPEEDBOAT - LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE
    DEBUTS ON NEWSSTANDS JULY 5, 2005
    NEW YORK, June 20, 2005 - Wade Luce, vice president/publisher of Boating, today
    announced the debut of SpeedBoat - Life At Full Throttle, a publication showcasing highperformance
    boating. Created by the editors of Boating, SpeedBoat features reviews of
    the latest high-performance boats on the market, along with trends, techniques and new
    products. The publication will make its inaugural appearance on newsstands July 5th
    with a cover price of $5.99.
    “We recognized the need for a premium high-performance marine magazine,” said
    Luce. “SpeedBoat targets the core of the high-performance boat market and, with a
    circulation of 80,000, it will be the largest performance boating publication in the world.”
    All the questions performance enthusiasts have wanted answered will be addressed in
    this magazine-from poker runs to APBA racing, SpeedBoat will be the most in-depth
    high-performance boating publication.
    “High-performance boating has always been a passion for many of our readers,” said
    Randy Steele, vice president/editor-in-chief of Boating. “It’s smart for us to extend
    Boating with a magazine that covers all aspects of this popular arena.”
    Eric Colby, currently Boating’s senior technical editor, will serve as SpeedBoat’s editorin-
    chief. Luce will oversee the business side of the publication. Hachette will distribute
    50,000 copies to newsstands for three months beginning July 2005 and 30,000 copies to
    targeted Boating subscribers. SpeedBoat’s total circulation of 80,000 copies makes it the
    largest high-performance boating publication in the world.
    SpeedBoat and Boating are published by Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. (HFM), which
    reaches nearly 50 million readers in the U.S. through its more than 20 titles which also
    include American Photo, Car and Driver, Cycle World, ELLE, ELLE Decor, ELLEgirl,
    Flying, For Me, Home, Metropolitan Home, Popular Photography & Imaging, Premiere,
    Road & Track, Road & Track Road Gear, Road & Track Speed, Sound & Vision,
    Woman's Day and Woman's Day Special Interest Publications such as, Kitchens & Baths,
    Home Remodeling & Makeovers, and Budget Decorating Ideas. In addition to the
    magazines, Hachette includes book and custom publishing, integrated marketing,
    database and market research, as well as Hachette Enterprises. Hachette Filipacchi Media
    U.S., Inc., is the New York-headquartered subsidiary of Hachette Filipacchi Médias S.A.,
    a wholly owned subsidiary of Lagardère SCA. The Hachette web site address is
    www.hfmus.com.

Miss Perfect
    It got sent to my work and I know that we didn't subscribe.

prosthogod
    I didn't get one!!! :umm:

spectras only
    I've got a collection of Boating dating back to late 70's. It will be good competition for Hot boat and family performance that's for sure. No nonsense reporting and unbiased feedbacks/writeups in the past .

riverrunner
    I've got a collection of Boating dating back to late 70's. It will be good competition for Hot boat and family performance that's for sure. No nonsense reporting and unbiased feedbacks/writeups in the past .
    Yeah, that's the way this magazine is. They actually had something bad to say about DCB as weel as every other boat tested. They really hammered Eliminator, something you never see anywhere else.

liquidasset
    I received one to. With a letter .The letter head read BOATING the worlds largest powerboat mag a pub of hachette filiopacchi media. The next issue is not suppose to be out untill early 2006 before the la boat show.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast