Thread: I need a shoe...

jbone
    Hey is everyone sleeping right now??? :sleeping:
    Anyways,
    I have a straight cut shoe that came with the boat when they put it together. It is 5/8 thick. I need one thinner. Maybe 1/2 or 3/8.
    The set up I have is from American Turbine.
    I don't know how to attach their picture, but it can be found on their websight under performance products.
    I would like to try used since I am testing different setups to get peak perf. The guy at American Turbine said mine could be too thick. It is running even with the keel on a 21 shockwave. He said I should try going up about a 1/4 inch from the keel.
    I'd like to get one on there by this weekend.
    Thanks

cave
    Are you sure he was talking about the thickness and not the angle? Maybe you have to change the hight by 1/2".

Wicked Performance Boats
    Before you do anything too drastic, talk to duane at HTP or jack at MPD. The phone call will be worth it. Budlight

I would like to try used since I am testing different setups to get peak perf. The guy at American Turbine said mine could be too thick. It is running even with the keel on a 21 shockwave. He said I should try going up about a 1/4 inch from the keel.
    As far as trying used........The chances of two different shops making shoes that would interchange is highly unlikely I would think.
    Why not take your existing shoe to a machine shop and have em mill off an 1/8"? (typically 1/8" up from keelline is pretty close)
    Or you could mill off the 1/4" that you think you need, and make up some shims from aluminum or stainless and have some adjustability?
    Personally I think the 1/4" would be too much though, if it's even with the keelline now.
    Does your boat do anything weird on shutdown now? When I do my testing, I can always feel when I've got too much shoe. It'll twist real hard on shutdown (a little unsettling). It might be faster with all that shoe, it might not, but I'll take the shim out for safety's sake.

jbone
    Thanks Squirtcha,
    I if I can find the right shoe, I will have machine mill off 1/4 inch. I can always shim back the other way if need be.
    I'm just plaing around with different setups. Based on the info I got from American Turbine, he seamed to think this was a good thing to try.
    Thanks for the advice.
    J

Thanks Squirtcha,
    I'm just plaing around with different setups. Based on the info I got from American Turbine, he seamed to think this was a good thing to try.
    Thanks for the advice.
    J
    That's where it's at. Ya gotta play around some. That's all part of the fun anyway.
    I if I can find the right shoe, I will have machine mill off 1/4 inch. I can always shim back the other way if need be.
    Sounds like you're on the right track.
    I thought you already had a flat shoe in it?
    Couldn't you just have them mill that one down 1/8"