Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride plate?

cave
    OK I did the droop and the boat jumps out of the water with a stock Chevy motor. Now My Kachina porpoises at speed. I cant really get on it anymore. I really don't want to pull the whole thing apart again. I may get frustrated and start working on my Alky Banshee.
    I see Duane has a plant on shoe for a JG. Anyone here have one? Does it work to keep the front end from doing the bouncy bounce?
    My body has its limits. I need to use my kidney belt for a day at the lake. LOL.
    If I can ever get my S#it together 460 has a 3° wedge for me to pick up. that may help.
    I know this isn't the right way to go about it. Adding a plant-on, so some have said but its a start. I just got it back together this year and don't want to go without the boat this whole season.
    Thanks again

Which droop did ya go with Jimmy? Are you running without any kinda wedge at all right now?
    I'm willing to bet that you'll be able to get her to settle down by playing with some wedging. Can't say if it'll take up or down, or how much, or if it will completely alleviate the problem, but it's definitely worth a try.
    Three degrees is a big jump, and although it may end up taking all that, I'd start out with a degree or so at a time. Try one degree up first, then two (or jump to the three if it's all you have). Then work your way down.
    A gps is a very helpful tool when doing this stuff. You might settle it down by making changes and lose mph over your orignal setup (without the droop). I know that's not what you're trying to do..............right?
    Wish I'd known you were doing this sooner. I've got a 1/2 degree, 1 degree, and a 3 degree hanging on a hook in the garage from when I did my tuning. You'da been more than welcome to borrow them.
    Oh yeah, do you have a base (max) speed prior to putting the droop on?

460 jus getn it
    maybe someone will affirm this with me. jimmy has a droop on his boat if he takes a 3deg wedge on his boat and turns it down, will that cause his boat to settle down. we have the same boat and i have 6 deg of wedge on my boat with a droop and i dont have that problem. jimmy we need to get your boat out on a day that there isnt a bad chop and play with it to see if we can get it to calm down.

Squirtin Thunder
    It took a 4* wedge to calm mine down !!!

cave
    Yea Dan I do have a base. I got a AT Droop. I has 4° up, built in it. Good to here that I may be able top cure it without a Ride plate. 460 & 396 said a wedge would solve the problem. I just wanted some more input. Maybe I'll do it right next winter. This winter I'm gunna learn to gell the boat.
    Hey is Bartlett going to be open this holiday weekend? I seen so many boats being trailered in that direction on the way home. Seams like every year we have a fire deal going on. Poor forest management.
    thanks Dan & ST

460 jus getn it
    It took a 4* wedge to calm mine down !!!
    jim u turned the wedge down right.

460 jus getn it
    Yea Dan I do have a base. I got a AT Droop. I has 4° up, built in it. Good to here that I may be able top cure it without a Ride plate. 460 & 396 said a wedge would solve the problem. I just wanted some more input. Maybe I'll do it right next winter. This winter I'm gunna learn to gell the boat.
    Hey is Bartlett going to be open this holiday weekend? I seen so many boats being trailered in that direction on the way home. Seams like every year we have a fire deal going on. Poor forest management.
    thanks Dan & ST
    jimmy call me later. lets see if we cant get it right this weekend. wedge it down and see if that will stettle down.........

cave
    1st I got to see if Brian got the longer studs. He was out. I'll go by tomorrow after work.

460 jus getn it
    1st I got to see if Brian got the longer studs. He was out. I'll go by tomorrow after work.
    ok call me. i want to help you get this right.

cave
    So whats up this weekend?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast