Thread: Berkeley JE 3 Point engine mount system

lakesmodified
    Ok, here's another question for this very knowledgeable board.... On a Berkeley JE series pump with the 3 point engine mounting system. Do I have to disconnect the driveshaft from the crank through the small access hole on the flywheel cover/mount, or is the drive shaft on a slip spline to the pump where it just slides out as you pull the engine forward? I think I asked that question correctly? Hope you guys know what I'm asking... Basically, I'm going to remove the short block in order to install a 10 qt pan. By the way, how do I post pictures to this site? Thanks again, Ivan

Jetmugg
    It's splined onto the pump shaft. As the engine moves forward, the female splined adapter will slide off the pump shaft.
    SteveM.

Infomaniac
    Here is a link to the frequently asked questions. Will explain how to post pics. For sure you have to upload the pics somewhere on the internet then link to them. You can now use the readers ride section of this site then link to it.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/faq.html

lakesmodified
    Thanks for the help...... I'm going to be ordering an oil pan sometime this week, and I need to pull the engine to see what style oil pump I have prior to ordering for the pickup tube. I posted a few picks of my boat in the Readers Rides, they can be accessed by typing "TARGA" for a keyword search. Ivan http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imag...1.JPG&img=&tt=
    [This message has been edited by lakesmodified (edited March 31, 2002).]

lakesmodified
    Thanks.... I'll figure this website out sooner or later... Originally posted by Kwicherbichen:
    Here ya go
    http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Read...ats/Targa9.JPG

ROZ
    How well does it run with the webers?

lakesmodified
    Unfortunately, don't really know yet!!! I just bought this thing (long distance deal) I should have it all together again towards the later part of April, then I should know.. From what I've been told though, it should run pretty good. Ivan

Slick
    Ivan,
    Nice lookin' boat.

lakesmodified
    Thanks Slick I had hoped to get it all back together within the next couple of weeks, but I just ordered a Dooley pan for it, and might have to wait until the wife and I return from our vacation. Oh, almost forgot.. I'm also planning on shipping the bellhousing to Al Reed for polish/powder coating... so it might be closer to the end of April