Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Eticket system

Phat Matt
    OK white guys, back to the subject at hand. Matt are you going to mount your genny in the engine compartment? I was looking into that along with taking a feed of of my fuel line and ditching the fuel cell and possibly chopping down the frame on the genny.
    It will be mounted between the engines under the hatch. I should be able to go all day on a tank of gas so I won't be feeding it any lines. I will have an exhaust line hooked up to run out the back of the boat.
    My nizzle.

Phat Matt
    Has anybody ever checked to see if the genny is coast guard approved? Would be a shame for an insurance company to deny a claim due to a genny being on-board. :idea:
    Haven't checked into that but I could always unstrap it and remove it if I had to.

Phat Matt
    Matt..........
    I'm just slightly jealous......I would really like to see the boat when you're done.....
    I use the same generator on my boat and strap it to the swim platform. You can barely see it (or hear it). I run my A/C, charge batteries, run the fridge, and play tunes and the 16 amps or so are perfect. Doesn't run loaded that much.
    Only thing I did is extend my shorepower to a plug by the swim platform. Dunno where you're going to place your gen. but may be handy to check that out and have them run the cable....
    I'm probably going to end up having someone paint mine white so it blends a little better.......Thought about doing it to match the boat.....
    Keep us posted.......
    I will keep you posted. The only thing I plan on running this for is the stereo system. I might have to plug in a fog machine and lights some night though.
    Club Phat Matt on the water.

Mandelon
    Cool, can I get on the guest list?

boxscore
    gonna be a sick system....
    Did you get the amps from an authorized dealer? I understand there's a lot of "B" quality amps that PG threw out there. I suspect my 1200 was not up to par. Burned it up the second day. Installed another

phebus
    I know I've heard the stories, but it seems hard for me to believe that a company like PG would allow any sub quality item to come to market through any source.

Phat Matt
    Cool, can I get on the guest list?
    You my friend are always VIP.

Phat Matt
    gonna be a sick system....
    Did you get the amps from an authorized dealer? I understand there's a lot of "B" quality amps that PG threw out there. I suspect my 1200 was not up to par. Burned it up the second day. Installed another
    No, but I also didn't pay an authorized dealer price. The place still offers a full warranty so I figure, what do I have to lose. I saved a lot of money.

ROZ
    I know I've heard the stories, but it seems hard for me to believe that a company like PG would allow any sub quality item to come to market through any source.
    They don't give a hoot anymore... they just want to make numbers....

Phat Matt
    They don't give a hoot anymore... they just want to make numbers....
    That's encouraging.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast