Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My Eticket system

mbrown2
    Guess they have gone the way of Rockford Hotplate.
    I disagree....my PG's last a lot longer running hard then my Rockford's and my JL amps......Heck, my wakeboard boat runs hard all day....my Rockford in the other boat does not; and the JL barely runs at all in the truck and blew up...
    Matt, great system.....and the online warranty's work...I blew up a 200x4 and they replaced it no questions asked......the warranty was as good as the JL authorized warranty I had to use when I blew their amp up...

Evo22
    Hey matt I got your IDmax's call me on monday!!

Phat Matt
    Hey matt I got your IDmax's call me on monday!!
    Nice! I left my cell phone at my cousin's house but should have it back before noon Monday.
    Thanks!!!

Phat Matt
    I disagree....my PG's last a lot longer running hard then my Rockford's and my JL amps......Heck, my wakeboard boat runs hard all day....my Rockford in the other boat does not; and the JL barely runs at all in the truck and blew up...
    Matt, great system.....and the online warranty's work...I blew up a 200x4 and they replaced it no questions asked......the warranty was as good as the JL authorized warranty I had to use when I blew their amp up...
    Thanks. I can wait to hear the finished product!!!

rivercrazy
    I can't think of a single high end manufacturer that hasn't tested at 14.4v in the last 15 years.
    Lots of higher end Mfg's test at 12.5V or close to that. But they also rate them at 14.4V too.
    For example, my JBL P1200.1 is rated at 1200 watts at 12.5V and benches at about 1378 watts at 14.4V.
    I do realize the CEA ratings have changed the levels that are advertised by Mfg's complying with power output in the new ratings.
    For example, it would suck to think your getting a 1200 watt amp but realize that rating was at 14.4V versus 12.5V. You'd loose a few hundred watts in a boating application. Not that it would make a night and day difference in Db's (probably only 1 or 2 db's tops)
    Of course unless your getting a regulated amp versus non-regulated. But that is a totally different arguement.

Phat Matt
    Lots of higher end Mfg's test at 12.5V or close to that. But they also rate them at 14.4V too.
    For example, my JBL P1200.1 is rated at 1200 watts at 12.5V and benches at about 1378 watts at 14.4V.
    I do realize the CEA ratings have changed the levels that are advertised by Mfg's complying with power output in the new ratings.
    For example, it would suck to think your getting a 1200 watt amp but realize that rating was at 14.4V versus 12.5V. You'd loose a few hundred watts in a boating application. Not that it would make a night and day difference in Db's (probably only 1 or 2 db's tops)
    Of course unless your getting a regulated amp versus non-regulated. But that is a totally different arguement.
    In my situation I don't mind if I am not getting the full regulated power. The sub is rated at 1000rms, the amp is 1200 @ 14.4 so if I lose a couple hundred watts, no big deal, they will match up nicely. The same goes for the mids and highs. They are 60 to 80rms and the amps are 100. They should end up matching as well. This thing should crank when I am done with it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345