Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Emailed Merc / 496HO soot

Beer-30
    Ok, took it in and scanned it. Nothing. All parameters good. No codes. Ran great.
    Next, I will email Merc and tell them all looks good, but it is still rich.
    If anyone is tight with Dustin at Whipple, let's get him in on this since he can re-map. I don't want to call and bother him yet, till I get as far as I can with Merc.

desertbird
    Ok, took it in and scanned it. Nothing. All parameters good. No codes. Ran great.
    Next, I will email Merc and tell them all looks good, but it is still rich.
    If anyone is tight with Dustin at Whipple, let's get him in on this since he can re-map. I don't want to call and bother him yet, till I get as far as I can with Merc.
    Just as I figured. The computer check's just fine. There is no error, it's just the program!

Beer-30
    Just as I figured. The computer check's just fine. There is no error, it's just the program!
    Yeah, like the mechanic said; The computer won't RAT on itself.

wantacat
    I have the same problem with my boat. Let me know what you find out. Mine gets really bad. What do you use to clean it off besides the magic eraser?

Beer-30
    I have gone to a citrus type cleaner. I usually tried to get it with the EAGLE-ONE WIPE-N-SHINE that I wipe the rest of the boat down with. Doesn't clean well. I have tried this orange citrus stuff and it works well. Burns the eyes, though. Someone else suggested Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I amsure that would work very well. Anything will strip the wax off, so that is a moot point. Dow is easy on fiberclass and cleans well. I will probably go to that next.
    Still haven't heard back from Merc. Will post as soon as I do.

James'SS-24
    Back when I had that problem plain old 409 worked better that anything else.

dicudmore
    mine seems to wipe right off with Eagle one "Was as u dry"
    Same stuff I use on the rest of the boat

Beer-30
    The eagle one wipe-n-shine doesn't do well on that part. Excellent on rest of boat. Yes, Dan, Wax as U dry is my new FAVORITE thing. Makes the truck look excellent and I do the boat whenever I wash it. IT is not by any means a long lasting wax, but it sure works good in between.

In2Deep
    I put a K&N Air Cleaner on my 496 Mag HO -- and it helped quite a bit...but still sooty.

Beer-30
    I put a K&N Air Cleaner on my 496 Mag HO -- and it helped quite a bit...but still sooty.
    Also put K&N on awhile ago. Didn't really notice any performance, but I posted pics of the dirt that was in the throttle body prior to changing. Should keep lots of dirt out of your motor. Still working on the soot problem.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...03/2433KN2.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast