I'm still debating on the rollers. I know Ray has extensive knowledge of these motors, so I am on the fence. I have upped the ratio on several stock GM motors in the past, and never had an issue with valve float or piston/valve contact.
Also, since it has been mentioned that the covers are shorter than regular Gen V/ VI, spacers would be needed. ASM has the only spacers I am aware of, and they are obviously aware of it also ($279/pr).
So, although INFOMANIAC came in with an excellent price on the hard parts ($450); rockers, conversion studs, and required guide plates, the added $280 puts ya up there where it becomes iffy for the HP increase. Tossing it around to see if it makes more since to put that money into the "Raylar account".
The heads are iffy also. Believe me, I am tempted also. Once could pick up a pair of heads for almost (if not...) nothing. Have them prepped how you want, and then just swap them. Minimal down time. You are easily going to be $1500 in the heads by the time they are done. That's guessing at a good-buddy deal. That's halfway to the Raylar heads, which would provide better flow already and they have the market cornered on weight-loss (alum). Toss in the added money that one would spend to change rockers, and you are almost there (for just the heads).
Gonna change plugs and probably wires, and see how the soot looks. Gonna live with it for now.