Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDBA's 1st annual "Bricktown Drag Boat Nationals!"

Rocket2003
    SDBA's 1st Annual Bricktown Drag Boat Nationals in Oklahoma City, OK!!
    July 8-10, 2005
    Link>>>> http://www.bricktownnationals.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The tickets are now available for online purchases. Click the Online Store button above to purchase your tickets!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Ozarka Bricktown Nationals DRAG BOAT RACES
    The inaugural Ozarka Bricktown Nationals Drag Boat Races on the Oklahoma River come to Oklahoma City on July 8th through 10th, (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) with over 100 boats and drivers competing for more than $50,000 in prize money and points for the Southern Drag Boat Association Championship. The quarter mile course extends east from the S. Byers Ave. Bridge towards the I-35 Bridge. Boats hit speeds in excess of 200 mph. This course will provide race fans, "close to the action" viewing from the North bank of the Oklahoma River in Regatta Park. Come enjoy the races, visit the drivers and crews in the pits, try the great food from the concession stands and shop for souvenirs, outdoor gear and boats. Bring a lawn chair or blanket or sit in the bleachers. You'll love watching these exciting, high speed boats racing on the Oklahoma River. Tickets available at the race site, discount tickets available at 7-Eleven & O'Reilly Auto Parts, credit cards purchases available on-line.
    A limited number of SPONSORSHIPS are still AVAILABLE for more information contact Kevin Baker, 405.627.3629
    VENDOR-DISPLAY SPACE is available on or near the race course on a 1st come, 1st served basis, starting at only $500 including TENT, FOR ALL THREE DAYS ! Oklahomans will be given preference. Contact Duane Long @ 405.641.3412 or email MariannesOKC@aol.com for more information.
    The Ozarka Bricktown Nationals DRAG BOAT RACE 1st Annual Bricktown Nationals
    The inaugural OZARKA Bricktown Nationals Drag Boat Races on the Oklahoma River comes to Oklahoma City on July 8th through 10th, (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) with over 100 boats and drivers competing for more than $50,000 in prize money and points for the Southern Drag Boat Championship. The quarter mile course extents east from the S. Byers Ave. Bridge towards the I-35 Bridge. Boats hits speeds in excess of 200 mph. This course will provide race fans, "close to the action" viewing from the North bank of the Oklahoma River in Regatta Park. Come enjoy the races, visit the drivers and crews in the pits, try the great food from the concession stands and shop for souvenirs. Bring a lawn chair or blanket, you'll love watching these exciting, high speed boats racing on the Oklahoma River. Tickets available at the race site, discount tickets available at O'Reilly Auto Parts and credit cards purchases on-line.
    Oklahoma River Grand Opening
    The inaugural Oklahoma River Holiday Parade and Festival will mark the official grand opening of the Oklahoma River. The 54 million dollar redevelopment plan constructed three damns to create a series of lakes along the seven mile river corridor with parks, wetlands, biking and walking trails with thousands of trees. The Oklahoma River also brings boating, fishing, and for the first time a national sanction drag boat event to Downtown Oklahoma City. For updated event information about the Oklahoma river Holiday Parade and Festival visit, www.bricktownokc.com.
    http://www.bricktownnationals.com/Im...ktown_2005.gif

Rocket2003
    Did I mention the PURSE?
    Ozarka Bricktown Nationals 2005
    Prize Purse
    Class Win 2nd Round Semi 1/4 Final
    TFH $5,000.00 $3,000.00 $2,000.00 $2,000.00
    TAH $4,500.00 $2,400.00 $1,800.00 $1,000.00
    TAF $4,000.00 $2,200.00 $1,500.00 $750.00
    PM $3,500.00 $2,000.00 $1,000.00 $500.00
    BGF $880.00 $222.00
    PGF $1,096.00 $274.00
    PGJ $1,096.00 $274.00
    PLJ $708.00 $177.00
    PE $1,400.00 $800.00 $200.00
    TE $1,300.00 $700.00 $200.00
    ME $1,200.00 $600.00 $200.00
    SE $1,000.00 $500.00 $200.00
    RR-1 $750.00 $500.00 $100.00
    RR-2 $320.00 $80.00
    PC1 & PC2 $144.00 $36.00
    Or the $70,000 Bounty???
    2005 Ozarka Bricktown Nationals Bounty
    TFH – New SDBA record Pays $30,000.
    TAH – New SDBA record Pays $20,000.
    TAF – New SDBA record Pays $20,000.
    OFFICIAL SPECIFIC RULES, ELIGIBILTY ADDENDUM FOR THE SDBA SOUTHERN DRAG BOAT ASSOCIATION RECORD CONTEST
    Effective 6/20/05

DUECE'SDAD
    Cool man i think alotta us are planning on coming down to spectate, Its good to see something close again, hopefully it becomes an anuall, we will support it. Does ticket price include pits ? ? ? I havent walked thru the pits of a drag boat race since i was a little kid and look forward to that !

BLOWNDEAVER
    just an update, i just left the river around lunch, thursday , already around 50 boats, 3 tfh, and 4 bah on site, EVERYONE PLEASE GET READY THIS WILL BE AWESOME

Ken F
    I'll be down Saturday morning before noon.
    The Hi-Tech crew left at 5 a.m. Friday morning headed down.
    They will be running the new purple Cheyenne "Blown Assets".
    I'll be hanging around the HTP pits so everyone stop and say HI!
    Ken F

DUECE'SDAD
    Great racing, what an awesome event, we spent alotta time watching from the bridge of the starting line and man that was a cool spot. The pits were cool too, with all the trees and shade. I hope this turns into a regular event, which with the turnout it could be very easily done. Ken F I looked for the hi tech pits but couldnt find it anywhere. Jet hydro I looked for you also and couldnt find you either.

Ken F
    DD,
    It was really hard to find different peoples pits wasn't it? I looked forever for the HTP pit when I arrived Sat. morning. Never could find Jet-hydro or the Leas Bros. either! That part is kind of a mess, but what a great track!!!
    Even with some gusting wind, the water stayed very calm having a levy on both sides of the river. The "out" lane for the boats was quite something too.
    Don't know if you got to see it or not, but pulled the HTP boat out once, and I was really impressed. It's all concrete, with sloped sides, and a great ramp.
    They dug it specially for the boat drags!
    It's really great to see a city get behind something like this on such a grand scale!
    Sorry to have missed you, and I'm sure it will become an annual event.
    Ken F

DUECE'SDAD
    Yeah i found the easiest way to find a pit was to go to the out ramp and wiat for the pit crew you were looking for and follow them back to their pits. So if you didnt see jet hydro and I didnt see him either and he didnt go, does that mean he will show up this weekend ? ? ?

Infomaniac
    I heard someone was killed today? Don't know for sure but heard a blown gas flat lost control and went into the rocks.
    i sure hope not. has anyone heard?

Ken F
    DD,
    I did see Jet-Hydro this weekend, he came to the HTP pits, and I saw him run. However, when I went looking for his pit, I couldn't find him.
    Info, I didn't hear about this...but we left about 12:30-1:00.
    If you hear any more, please post up!
    Ken F

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast