Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: a little good news and alot of bad news

FOURQ
    i got the new boat running... my parents were going over to catalina for the weekend so i decided to meet them over there on sat morn with the new boat. pops and I were doing some test and tune and everything seemed great water was glass on the frontside of the island so he told me to take it out and make a full pass and hold it so he could see were else to make changes. so i took off idled out then hit it about half throttle and she was runnin great then i decided to open her up all the way.. she was flyin then all the sudden i hit a roller and flew out of the water and it was all over from there.. she went over backwards and sunk......... :cry: :cry: :cry:notthin like seein your nice new ride bobin updise down in the ocean :frown: :frown: pops came out we hooked her up and got her out of the water so we could see what damage was done.... well we got the engine all flushed and went to fire her but the electronics were dead no ignition.. long weekend and a long ride home :cry: :cry:
    ohh and i lost the gps so i dont even know how fast i got up too :cry:
    Q

crf311
    That sucks! At least you were not hurt. The boat can be fixed.

dmontzsta
    i got the new boat running... my parents were going over to catalina for the weekend so i decided to meet them over there on sat morn with the new boat. pops and I were doing some test and tune and everything seemed great water was glass on the frontside of the island so he told me to take it out and make a full pass and hold it so he could see were else to make changes. so i took off idled out then hit it about half throttle and she was runnin great then i decided to open her up all the way.. she was flyin then all the sudden i hit a roller and flew out of the water and it was all over from there.. she went over backwards and sunk......... :cry: :cry: :cry:notthin like seein your nice new ride bobin updise down in the ocean :frown: :frown: pops came out we hooked her up and got her out of the water so we could see what damage was done.... well we got the engine all flushed and went to fire her but the electronics were dead no ignition.. long weekend and a long ride home :cry: :cry:
    ohh and i lost the gps so i dont even know how fast i got up too :cry:
    Q
    damn, that really sucks...sorry to hear. How was she running at first? were you pretty impressed? Atleast you got her hooked up and pulled out, you can always go through everything like Dan had to.
    I drove by your house Friday night, was going to stop in but didnt know if you were shacked up with some chick, so we went to eat at Main St Pizza down the road.

FOURQ
    damn, that really sucks...sorry to hear. How was she running at first? were you pretty impressed? Atleast you got her hooked up and pulled out, you can always go through everything like Dan had to.
    I drove by your house Friday night, was going to stop in but didnt know if you were shacked up with some chick, so we went to eat at Main St Pizza down the road.
    ya it sucks but it can all be fixed she was runnin real good i was real impressed but hell with that being the only trip on it its hard to say what she will really do....you should have called i was home packin for the treck over sat morning.. i left at 4 am with the nice calm water. all i can sat is thank god for floatation..and real glad no one was hurt
    Q

dmontzsta
    ya it sucks but it can all be fixed she was runnin real good i was real impressed but hell with that being the only trip on it its hard to say what she will really do....you should have called i was home packin for the treck over sat morning.. i left at 4 am with the nice calm water. all i can sat is thank god for floatation..and real glad no one was hurt
    Q
    That is an erie feeling to see the bow of a boat floating, especially in the ocean, it is deep! I really feel for you, that was alot of work, I was wondering what the heck was going to happen with all that power and a surface drive, I guess now we know.
    I was going to go up to the door. But then my chick said "what if he is in there with a girl or something and you interupt". haha
    I will catch up with you guys next weekend.

szokejohn2
    Glad nobody got hurt.My jetboat was also sunk 2 years ago,unfortunatly ,it went all the way down to the bottom.We resurected the boat 5 days later ,i thought for sure the engine was done.It settled to the bottom of the lake ,96 feet down.the pressue was so great ,the carb floats were crushed.I had to purchase new ones.I was very sceptical that it would never run again.after replacing the floats,pulling the sparkplugs out turn the engine over to get all the water out of the cyliders,I crossed my fingers shot some fuel into the carb ,and started it up.It took 5 revolutions and it fired right up,i was astonished,it ran perfect.not suprised,none of the gauges ever worked again,had to replace them all! :angry2:

squirtcha?'s_son
    Wow thats got to be a nightmare of a day . my fathers boat sunk during a storm at roosevelt lake in arizona of course we had to get the boat out of the water and had to pull the spark plugs and flush the engine but we got it running about 3 days later. but glad ur ok good luck with getting it dialed in the next time.

WUTWZAT
    Any damage to the hull?
    Was this the one with the fresh gel I saw a while back waiting to be rigged, to bad, I loved the sparkles. Besides it looked good behind your truck.
    It'll be ready for c3b right?
    Jason

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Did you do a backflip? Damn that sucks bro. I feel your pain. I have been struggling all weekend on my boat.

sanger rat
    That sucks. Glad you've alright and the boat didn't go to the bottom. What do you have for flotation?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast