Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: droop snout

cokesbody
    i was wondering if the snout of ur boat in the water more make it faster or what is the propose of the droop snout, because the only place near were i live is a lake and its rough all the time when i hit plan my pump will cavitate thats bad right what can i do to fix this .

sanger rat
    Get a good loader on there before you do anything else. You'll kill your impeller running it like that all the time.

SmokinLowriderSS
    A droop snoot lowers the push line of the jet relative to your hull. It helps to lift the back of the boat on planing. Some folks run faster with a droop, some run faster with a straight snoot. It depends on the motor/hull/pump combination they have. The extra length also adds leverage for a trim device to move your bow arround easier for ride controll. Yes, get a good top-loader in that intake soon. It won't really do much in rough water I think but has other purposes. As you go faster, the water entering your jet likes to go straight, not uphill into your pump. The loader forces a part of the water allong the top of the suction piece so that your impeller is fed evenly top and bottom. Otherwise soon you start to loose pressure at the top and gain on the bottom making 1/2 of your impeller do more work than the other 1/2. Eventually you get 1/2 doing all the work and the other 1/2 doing nothing (and it starts cavitating then).

Aduner2
    cokesbody going to have a hard time bolting a droop snoot to a jc bowl. :idea:

cokesbody
    y would i have a hard tim bolting it on its four bolts im i missing something

Aduner2
    Sanger rat is talking about replacing the intake grate (assuming you have one) with a loader which is held on with (4) bolts. Is that what your thinking?
    Smokin is explaining the differeneces in droops and straight snoots. They mount on jb or jg bowls also called split bowls. They are usually an (8) bolt deal and sometimes (16) double bolted on higher hp deals. You posted you have a jc pump which doesn't have the mounting provision for a droop and/or wedges for that matter. You can replace your c bowl with a g bowl if you want to run a droop.
    A picture is worth a 1000 words, I don't have one. Maybe someone can post some pics of hardware set-ups for you.
    Checkout Rex Marine's website. They have pump parts,pictures,control cables and levers your looking for.
    Hope this helps

sanger rat
    You need a split bowl to bolt a droop snoot on. This is a split bowl. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...937picpcb1.jpg Here is a HTP straight snoot bolted up. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...937pic0hs2.jpg

sanger rat

Aduner2
    Nice pictures Sanger rat. Thanks for posting them.
    My brother had a 1978 Sanger jet hydro he bought new from Sanger in Fresno. That tells ya how old I am. Sent a lota time driving/riding in that one. Really nice boat.

sanger rat
    Thanks. Still working on getting the speed out of it. Starting to think my GPS is broke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast