Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay Attention

garret
    You guys with these wake board boats need to dig real deep and pull your heads out of your A$$ s!! That doesnt mean all of you guys but this one in particular and a few i have come across. One of your fellow boaters decided to plow by a bunch of us floating at blythe and almost sank two of us. I am not sure this guy is on the forums but if he is would you please tell me what a place diverter feels like when you are about 30 feet behind me?

djdtpr
    What in the world makes someone want to go by and slow down so there wake gets five times bigger and can sink a boat like ours?Why in the hell do you have to circle people when they are floating and keep going by like its cool and we want to watch?If we wanted to wakeboard or watch we would have a boat to do it with.The river is big enough for everone but people need to have some respect for each other out there.

From what I've witnessed on numerous occasions many wakeboarders only concern is how big a wake they can produce regardless of anyone else and how loud they can blast the tunes. Not sure they even realize there are other boaters, floaters that they are swamping. There's definately an element out there that is just plain lame and clueless. It applies to other boaters as well. But just like with pit bulls, wakeboard boats have the ability to sink shit with their lameness just like pits have the ability to kill when they bite.
    It's all about common courtesy and awareness (or lack thereof).
    It's an "all about me" world more and more it seems.

Cole Sanger
    This is why I believe a boat license of some type would be good. The problem is a lot of people out there on the water really don't know the rules. The second problem as I see it is that they don't have any thought of anyone but themself out there. Not just wakeboard boats though. It can be any one on the water.

Lake Ape
    I know I have had some pretty interesting "Hot Boats" cut across my bow with only inches in between us. SOB's think that just cause I'm in a tourny ski boat that I'm only doing 30 mph and they can just cut in front of me....It goes both ways. I also love the "Hot Boats" sitting and idling in the channel for hours talking to buddies about the new plug wires they just got...good idea! :hammer2:

life's a river
    This is why I believe a boat license of some type would be good. The problem is a lot of people out there on the water really don't know the rules. The second problem as I see it is that they don't have any thought of anyone but themself out there. Not just wakeboard boats though. It can be any one on the water.
    I agree!

rmarion
    Hey Guys
    Your floating down the river all tied up together and having a great time................ were in our Boat, wakeboarding at a speed of 20/24 mph.
    Were all there for one purpose, that is to have a good time.
    Do you expect us to drop our boarder everytime we come upon a group of floaters??????????

mickeyfinn
    Hey Guys
    Your floating down the river all tied up together and having a great time................ were in our Boat, wakeboarding at a speed of 20/24 mph.
    Were all there for one purpose, that is to have a good time.
    Do you expect us to drop our boarder everytime we come upon a group of floaters??????????
    Not drop the boarder. Just open your F*cken eyes and see that a group are tied together and make room. No reason to get close enough that people can see the name on your speakers banging out that tribal jungle junk. Had a guy on our lake stand on his dock with a video camera. Video'd the guy in the wake boat, his wake and the damage it did to boats at three docks in the cove. Got the numbers and the three people sued for damage. Doesn't matter if that is what your boat is made for, you are still responsible for damage caused by your wake.

rmarion
    Not drop the boarder. Just open your F*cken eyes and see that a group are tied together and make room. No reason to get close enough that people can see the name on your speakers banging out that tribal jungle junk. Had a guy on our lake stand on his dock with a video camera. Video'd the guy in the wake boat, his wake and the damage it did to boats at three docks in the cove. Got the numbers and the three people sued for damage. Doesn't matter if that is what your boat is made for, you are still responsible for damage caused by your wake.
    Micky
    The river area in question is 200' wide. The whole river. When the boats are tied up floating down the middle, that gives us about 100' to work with, subtracting the tied up boats, also the river is shallow (12' at maximum to a minimum of exposed sandbars). I believe everyone needs to be courteous, not just the wakeboard boats. At some points the main channel flow is only 50' wide, courteous would be for the floaters to move over to the shallow part while all boaters ultilize the main portion.
    BTW, I'll watch my wake and turn down the music while in a populated areas, just as we would like some courtesy as well. Enjoy

Lake Ape
    Sounds to me like the three idiots don't know how to tie up the boats so that they don't bang into stuff, that's what they make fenders for. Who would they sue if a big wind comes up, God? Good luck on that lawsuit, I would love to be in that courtroom when the judge laughs his ass off. Get a life dude, your just bitchen because you don't like wakeboarders. Get real and stop your bitchen! If anything you might want to try to just ask the guy not to come as close next time instead of trying to sue. All these lawsuits are what's wrong with this damn country. We use to handle our own problems without going to court for everything. Now be a good guy and go listen to Dwight Yokam or Willie Nelson or what ever crap you listen to.
    I know I'll probably catch hell for the above but really, who do you sue when the wind picks up and blows your boat into the dock?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast