Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay Attention

JB in so cal
    Sounds to me like the three idiots don't know how to tie up the boats so that they don't bang into stuff, that's what they make fenders for. Who would they sue if a big wind comes up, God? Good luck on that lawsuit, I would love to be in that courtroom when the judge laughs his ass off. Get a life dude, your just bitchen because you don't like wakeboarders. Get real and stop your bitchen! If anything you might want to try to just ask the guy not to come as close next time instead of trying to sue. All these lawsuits are what's wrong with this damn country. We use to handle our own problems without going to court for everything. Now be a good guy and go listen to Dwight Yokam or Willie Nelson or what ever crap you listen to.
    I know I'll probably catch hell for the above but really, who do you sue when the wind picks up and blows your boat into the dock?
    welllllllllllll, it is true that all operators are RESPONSIBLE for the wake that their boat causes. Should that wake damage docks, boats or other property, you as the driver can be held responsible.
    Put it this way, brah.
    Wind is wind; a 3' or 4' wake generated by a boat hauling an extra 1500 lbs of ballast is not wind. :messedup:

garret
    well i can understand if we are floating in the middle of the day but it was 7 at night and the water was glass every where so that asshole could have avoided us by turning around before he got to us. Instead he turned around 50 feet after he passed us to come back by. Some of you wakeboard act like jet ski owners.

mike37
    Sounds to me like the three idiots don't know how to tie up the boats so that they don't bang into stuff, that's what they make fenders for. Who would they sue if a big wind comes up, God? Good luck on that lawsuit, I would love to be in that courtroom when the judge laughs his ass off. Get a life dude, your just bitchen because you don't like wakeboarders. Get real and stop your bitchen! If anything you might want to try to just ask the guy not to come as close next time instead of trying to sue. All these lawsuits are what's wrong with this damn country. We use to handle our own problems without going to court for everything. Now be a good guy and go listen to Dwight Yokam or Willie Nelson or what ever crap you listen to.
    I know I'll probably catch hell for the above but really, who do you sue when the wind picks up and blows your boat into the dock?
    sounds to me like you need to study some boating laws
    pleas stay away from lake nacimeinto

Lake Ape
    I know the boating laws, I just took a 36 hour boating class that my insurance carrier requires to have a tunnel hull (I just bought an 19' Daytona). I simply think that any judge would laugh his ass off at that hearing. Also I'm pretty sick and tired of all the shit I take from the a**holes in low freeboard boats about the wake I put out. Several times I have been cruising down the lake and have some asshole either throw bottles or yell shit at me cause I'm making a wake. My f%#%ing boat doesn't even have a ballast system in it and I don't carry fat sacs or anything else in fact it's a freakin' tournament slalom boat built specifically not to put out a wake. Just because my boat has a tower I get yelled at and I'm f$@%ing tired of it! All boats are going to make a wake and if your boat can't handle a little wake either why it's beached or anchored you should think about boating somewhere else, finding a protected cove, investing in a lift if docked at your house or putting it on a trailer when you aren't using it, or even maybe consider a private lake. I usually boat at Bartlett where the lake is only so wide so there I guess the only answer is not to go at all right? Simply put I think it's bullshit to come on here and put out a generalized statement like this thread and not to expect to get one in return. I think the answer hear would be to go talk to the offender and not make a generalized statement to everyone who has a particular type of boat. That's about all I have to say on this subject other than stop your bitchen and be a part of the solution and not the problem! Oh, maybe you could sue the city or county for not enforcing the boating laws, I'm sure there is someone poor fool you can sue to make you feel better..

rmarion
    well i can understand if we are floating in the middle of the day but it was 7 at night and the water was glass every where so that asshole could have avoided us by turning around before he got to us. Instead he turned around 50 feet after he passed us to come back by. Some of you wakeboard act like jet ski owners.
    Some people just don't have a CLUE?????????? I hope he learns soon........that was an idiot move...............

rmarion
    I know the boating laws, I just took a 36 hour boating class that my insurance carrier requires to have a tunnel hull (I just bought an 19' Daytona). I simply think that any judge would laugh his ass off at that hearing. Also I'm pretty sick and tired of all the shit I take from the a**holes in low freeboard boats about the wake I put out. Several times I have been cruising down the lake and have some asshole either throw bottles or yell shit at me cause I'm making a wake. My f%#%ing boat doesn't even have a ballast system in it and I don't carry fat sacs or anything else in fact it's a freakin' tournament slalom boat built specifically not to put out a wake. Just because my boat has a tower I get yelled at and I'm f$@%ing tired of it! All boats are going to make a wake and if your boat can't handle a little wake either why it's beached or anchored you should think about boating somewhere else, finding a protected cove, investing in a lift if docked at your house or putting it on a trailer when you aren't using it, or even maybe consider a private lake. I usually boat at Bartlett where the lake is only so wide so there I guess the only answer is not to go at all right? Simply put I think it's bullshit to come on here and put out a generalized statement like this thread and not to expect to get one in return. I think the answer hear would be to go talk to the offender and not make a generalized statement to everyone who has a particular type of boat. That's about all I have to say on this subject other than stop your bitchen and be a part of the solution and not the problem! Oh, maybe you could sue the city or county for not enforcing the boating laws, I'm sure there is someone poor fool you can sue to make you feel better..
    Well Stated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat:

mickeyfinn
    With some of the things we hear about the west coast you just might be right about the judge laughing his ass off, however in the instance I am aware of, it cost the boat owner almost 5,000 to repair three boats. It was an extreme case but the video definitely showed the idiots in the wakeboard boat coming within 25 or 50 feet of the docks and doing a 180. This boat did have ballast tanks and really messed up a couple of older cookie cutter boats. Judge ruled in the dock owners favor and the wakeboard boat owner had to come up with the cash to fix the older boats. As to the question about people floating tied up on the river it is still YOUR responsibility to take evasive action. I just don't understand people now days. Just because you have a boat doesn't mean you own the water. People have been floating a lot longer than they have been skiing or wakeboarding. What right do you have to say that people who have enjoyed floating on the river for years should have to leave and go somewhere else just because some idiot got his daddy to buy a ski/wakeboard boat and wants to come in and act like he owns the water. I love to ski as much as anyone but I make sure that I am in an area where I can do it without being too much of a pain in the ass to others who are enjoying the water in different ways. As to your comments about the lawsuits I didn't say anywhere I thought people should be doing it, I was just making you aware that they could and have done so and won.

riverfamily
    Ok Im at the river all the time (between Needles bridge and sand bar) and I see all kinds including those who I consider to be the worst offenders, the 28+ footers who think they own the river (just because there in their second mortgage) and go 70+ on the river back and forth back and forth with no regard to anybody else, even kids in tubes are free game, they will get right up on that tubes ass and then blast by. (oh by the way memorial weekend one came up made a huge u turn and swamped a little boat and sunk it ) and regarding floating yea I do it and enjoy it BUT when you get 3 or more boats tied together it can be a hazard, they are right in the middle and your only choice is to go around and sometimes you have to get closer than you would like to due to boats anchored near shore or it being too shallow. and regarding the music I am just as annoyed by the floaters who crank their music so loud that I can here them when Im in my house with the doors and windows closed. Notice all the "theys" I used, its always the other guy but you and I both know one so next time you see him doing something like this say something! In closing we all better be more considerate of others or somebody (big brother) will tell us how to use our boats, free time, etc. Just like they have done time and time before.

garret
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...he_063-med.jpg
    loook real close we arent all tied up so we can push off real easy but once again there was no reason for that asshole to go passed us and the turn around after fifty feet to make a pass again. thats bullshit

77charger
    no defense for wake board boats but boats hangin in the middle of a narrow river is also just as disturbing.I dont boat down in blyhte but near aha quin.I dont drive a wakeboard boat or a low pro jet either(so i aint one sided ).After dark i see a problem but not during daylight.I myself like to wait til 7pm to go do some good watersking since it is calmer and no i aint slowing down.Play during the day float at night.Yes i will avoid a float if i can but if not cause of sandbars or whatever i aint stoping til clear

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast