Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POS drain plug thiefs

BOBALOO
    I had the same thing happen to me sat night around the corner from where this one was taken out.
    [QUOTE=SHAKEN Not Stirred]So.......
    Putting the boat in the channel at about 06:30 today and came across this....
    Someone had pulled the plug last night...... :frown:
    Then wrote a little note in the sand...... :devil:
    Bull Shiat !!!!!
    Later,
    CJG

http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...80IMG_2076.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...80IMG_2079.jpg
    I was in the channel on saturday night after boating ALL day and when we went to leave the bilge was so focking full of water the engine was misfiring.
    SOMEONE PULLED MY PLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECES OF SH*T
    How does a threaded plug unscrew itself ? Either someone took it ouy or it was an act of god.
    About 1 hour before we left the channel at about 11:00 pm, I ran the bilge pump for 15 seconds and it was completely empty and NO water was coming in.
    The only people that i can think did this were a couple of drunk guys next to us that were in a supposedly salvage titled boat and they said they were from Baker . I think the boat was a newer Cobra ( not talking trash here so dont start with me) but I was giving them the brush off because they were annoying so i dont know for sure. I never saw them do anything to my boat but they were the only ones that I remember being around.
    Well anyway , I had 8 people on my boat and after bailing water out with plastic bowls and running the bilge we decided to make a run for Windsor wearing our life jackets. I dropped off all but 2 other people on the beach and we barely planed out but we made it to the ramp.
    I never thought to check the plug because I dont take it out and the threaded ones dont fall out just sitting on the beach after 13 hours of boating saturday.

TrojanDan
    That sucks! Did you experience any electrical issues or any other water damage from that night?

Phat Matt
    At least it didn't sink! It was fun hanging out with you guys again. Thanks for the bbq!
    Matt

SummitKarl
    was in the channel on saturday night after boating ALL day and when we went to leave the bilge was so focking full of water the engine was misfiring.
    SOMEONE PULLED MY PLUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECES OF SH*T
    How does a threaded plug unscrew itself ? Either someone took it ouy or it was an act of god.
    About 1 hour before we left the channel at about 11:00 pm, I ran the bilge pump for 15 seconds and it was completely empty and NO water was coming in.
    The only people that i can think did this were a couple of drunk guys next to us that were in a supposedly salvage titled boat and they said they were from Baker . I think the boat was a newer Cobra ( not talking trash here so dont start with me) but I was giving them the brush off because they were annoying so i dont know for sure. I never saw them do anything to my boat but they were the only ones that I remember being around.
    Well anyway , I had 8 people on my boat and after bailing water out with plastic bowls and running the bilge we decided to make a run for Windsor wearing our life jackets. I dropped off all but 2 other people on the beach and we barely planed out but we made it to the ramp.
    I never thought to check the plug because I dont take it out and the threaded ones dont fall out just sitting on the beach after 13 hours of boating saturday.
    so I am asuming this makes 2 that happened Saturday night?
    I was affraid this kinda thing was going to start happening, with all the new condos in the channel, kind like buying a home by a airport then complaining about the noise.
    but sence it was (2) this weekend we can rule out some sort of personel revenge, please report this to LHC LE so a record can get started.
    I hope you might have a pic that would have the Cobra boat that you suspect, so we can ALL!!!! can keep our eyes out, if the same boat is around and the same thing happens again. I am sorry this happened, it really steams me
    in the mean time will some one tell me the thread pitch for the screw in drain plugs.
    STOP EM COLD PRODUCTS, indivudally keyed drain plugs
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...4DRAIN-med.gif

XtrmWakeborder
    WOW whats freakin next...... nice boat, i think i saw it coming home today

BOBALOO
    so I am asuming this makes 2 that happened Saturday night?
    STOP EM COLD PRODUCTS, indivudally keyed drain plugs
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...4DRAIN-med.gif
    I cant say for sure that the guys next to me did anything but it had to happen in a 1/2 hour or so before we left and they were the closest guys around.
    It sucks to have to buy a security plug but if someone makes them there must be a perceived need for them, although I have only heard of a few plugs ever being taken out. We still had an awesome time out there and will just keep a closer eye on things.

JustMVG
    If you find those type plugs i'll buy a couple!!!

Boatcop
    If this begins to be a trend, buy a second regular plug and install it on the INSIDE.

ahhell
    If this begins to be a trend, buy a second regular plug and install it on the INSIDE.
    Exactly....put it in from the inside...pain in the ass, but not as much as sinking

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Bobaloo, did you notify the LHC authorities? Hope your engine is okay.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast