Thread: 580CI Chevy need help

FORCEINU
    My motor seems to be puking oil out of the valve covers.
    as I have been reading here I learned that my oil temp. is not even close to what it should be I'm only getting to 140.
    Another question is how much water pressure should I be getting to my water pressure gauge I get 17psi at about 4500rpm
    Im' running 1471 littlefield blower with superchiller w1150dominator do I need to run a water regulator so I dont make alot of pressure could that be my problem.
    Thank you for your help.

RACER52
    17 psi is fine..
    how much boost?? I had oil pushing out the breathers until I put the tall teague's on.. Lots of boost will help the oil up, so its gotta breath.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Suck a quart or two of oil out of the pan and try it again. Budlight

FORCEINU
    I have the tall teagues on but I tried something different this time so I put them on the back I guess bad Idea...
    I'm going to try to switch them around and see my results.
    I'm running 9-1/2 percent overdriven I see about 5-7 pounds of boost
    at 4800rpm so I haven't ran the boat at full throtle yet.
    what kind of exhaust temp. should I see out off my eddie marine manifolds
    I'm taking the reading out of the top of the manifold on the tailpipe.
    Thanks.for your help. :idea:

blowngas
    you will always get some blowby on regular rings when running a blower----with extra air trying to get out of the crankcase thru the breathers, it will carry some oil along with it----keeping the breathers towards the front will help----if you have a fuel pump block off plate on your engine, a big help would be to run a external hose from there up to a valve cover to let the crankcase pressure vent out there and let the oil from the top drain back down and not get carried out the valve cover breathers---plus you will be doing your oiling system a really big service

Huffer
    RUN A QUART LOW ALWAYS,I PUT THE TALL BREATHERS ON MINE AND TOOK CARE OF THAT PROBLEM LAST YEAR!!!!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    If you have blowby, you need to do a leakdown check. any good motor should have very little crankcase pressure. It's a sign of bad ring seal. Either the motor is worn or has a bad engine build. Budlight

pleasantcat
    you will always get some blowby on regular rings when running a blower----with extra air trying to get out of the crankcase thru the breathers, it will carry some oil along with it----keeping the breathers towards the front will help----if you have a fuel pump block off plate on your engine, a big help would be to run a external hose from there up to a valve cover to let the crankcase pressure vent out there and let the oil from the top drain back down and not get carried out the valve cover breathers---plus you will be doing your oiling system a really big service
    do you happen to have a pic of this set-up? im runnig 2 peice eickert covers on my blownbbc with k&n breathers.i had the same problem and no i wont run a quart low :devil: instead i tied a shop rag around each one like a bandana. they have 50% covered but still breath. that cured my oil problem though. i think it slowed down the velocity of the vapors enough to allow the oil to cling. my .02

blowngas
    I don't have any pictures of it, but there are some in the Titan oil pump flyer discussing it-----they even have a pricy block off plate with an AN fitting attached for sale-----you can make one easily by drilling a hole in a block off plate--install a bulkhead fitting in it----or make a fancy aluminum one, drill and tap a hole and use a pipe thread/AN male fitting----drill a hole on top of valve cover and do the same---install an oil resistant hose cut to length with a AN 90 deg female hose fitting on each end----don't drill the hole any larger than you have to---use an O-ring on the outside to keep any oil from getting past the backing nut