Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: better rooster

Sleek468
    I see :supp: All of these pics of rooster tails like ten feet in the air and I'm wondering how? I have a 500 horse 468 chevy an a Berley 12jc-a pump with a manual place deverter. My roost is maybe 125 feet long but only 4 or 5 feet tall. Any info would be great!

460 jus getn it
    I see :supp: All of these pics of rooster tails like ten feet in the air and I'm wondering how? I have a 500 horse 468 chevy an a Berley 12jc-a pump with a manual place deverter. My roost is maybe 125 feet long but only 4 or 5 feet tall. Any info would be great!
    i also have a 12j-c with a b impeller. i have a droop and 6 deg of wedge.........

Sleek468
    I'm new to jetboating, so tell me about does a droop give you more hight and how and where do I get this wedge thing your talking about.

HighRoller
    Get a hydraulic diverter for starters. It has more travel. Then go and get a droop snoot from Place. You won't regret it. My 330HP 454 made a tail over 20ft high and over 200ft long without hurting the overall performance at all. In fact, the wetted surface at cruise was greatly reduced. Nothin like hitting the side of the Laughlin bridge with a stock engine..... :idea:

460 jus getn it
    I'm new to jetboating, so tell me about does a droop give you more hight and how and where do I get this wedge thing your talking about.
    it drops the knozzle lower in the water as well as giving it about 6-8 deg of up. as for wedge u should have a split bowl with that jc. u can get wedges from a number of makers. pm with your info i can get you some for a decent price........

Sleek468
    Alright, so I know I need a droop, but whats this about a wedge and where does it go.

Sleek468
    I think you just ansered my question before I could ask it, you are fast.

460 jus getn it
    Alright, so I know I need a droop, but whats this about a wedge and where does it go.
    wedge goes between the bowl and droop or knozzle.

Nucking futs
    Get a hydraulic diverter for starters. It has more travel. Then go and get a droop snoot from Place. You won't regret it. My 330HP 454 made a tail over 20ft high and over 200ft long without hurting the overall performance at all. In fact, the wetted surface at cruise was greatly reduced. Nothin like hitting the side of the Laughlin bridge with a stock engine..... :idea:
    I thought the bridge was alot taller then 20'. Im thinking of the AVI bridge never mind....
    Im not a know it all but i thought the jc was not a split bowl.The jg is a split bowl. The hyd. and manual have the same amount of up down, unless you grind it out a bit which i would never do.Also the place droop is i think a 7* up but you need to minus the intake at a negative 4* (on my boat anyways) which gives you about 3* more up.

Sleek468
    Is 3 deg. up something that you will notice bigtime or no. And I was confused when he said split bowl too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast