Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a surge trailer be converted

RitcheyRch
    Yes, Al Hensley of Hensley Trailers. I dont know him personally but do know of him through Chuck Gunther when it was Hensley/Gunther Trailers in Sun Valley.
    QUOTE=OCMerrill]I know Trailrite Trailers in Santa Ana does work on most anyones trailer. You could try them but they might be a little far from you.
    Al Hensley of Hensley trailers? I tried to find them 6 months ago with no luck. I thought out of business?[/QUOTE]

GunninGopher
    Not to hi-jack this thread but how expensive would it be to add brakes to a trailer that doesnt have any? I thought about calling Allen Hensley up see what he thought. Or do you guys know any other places that could do that work?
    My trailer was already set up for hydrolic brakes when I got it. I replaced everything except the drums and spent about $700, doing some of the work myself.
    You will need to buy 2 brake assemblies, 2 drum/hubs, brake line and an actuator (coupler). Plus you may need to have the assembly mount welded on the axle if it isn't already there. It is square with 4 bolt holes.
    I had the lines and actuator installed at AA equipment (formerly Aros Trailer) in El Cajon, but I was suprised at how unhappy I was with the work since they have a good reputation. I will look elsewhere in the future. I have only played around with a MIG welder and I feel I could have done a better job. They didn't even prime or paint over the welds and would have rusted overnight if I had let them sit. They left cavities in the beads, didn't properly prep the weld areas and they also left some wire in the welds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12