Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Check Out My Pump

Looks like it needs some attention, A repair sleeve on the tail of the shaft, make sure it's strait first. The impeller is beat up, looks like SS if so send it in for repair, unless you want new. The bowl needs new sleeves and a seal. time to open the wallet
    Sleek

Sanger Jet
    Time to see Duane or Jim Get out your wallet

CMZRACING
    I have the whole berk rebuild kit with an A2 aluminum impeller. should i go through and sand the inside of the pump to make it smoother, or do you want it a little rough? this is not a race boat nor am i looking to make it one in the near future. just trying to rebuild it with fresh stuff inside, the previous owner had this boat for 13 years and said he never touched the pump. would it help to extrude hone the bowl or is that throwing $ away that could be used somewhere else?

the impeller looks to be a S.S. "B" and you could detail the bowl yourself, if you think you need to or have it extrude honed but I haven't had any luck with Extrude people.........just my o2
    Markist

ONAROLL
    Ship the impeller to Goddard Kansas, by the time you get everything else done and cleaned up, you can go back stainless and he is not going to bust your ass on the cost, I like the warm fuzzy feeling of stainless........02...Vic

poncho-pwr
    I would definitely run the stainless. Just have it fixed up by someone who knows what they are doing and you're good to go. Heck, they may even give you a little trade in on that new aluminum impeller towards fixing the stainless.

robk
    Definitely keep the stainless impeller, and if you already have the pump rebuild kit you're good to go.
    Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast