Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me out Law Enforcement peeps????

Danzo
    I got a speeding ticket on the way out to the river this last weekend. CHP stated (wrote) on my ticket that I was going 93 mph. I don't even think my truck can go that fast (kidding). I know I was speeding but there is no way in hell I was going this fast. What should I do? Can I fight this and win? any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance. It was also pretty funny that the Officer stated If you were going under 90 MPH we would'nt be having this discussion. (I guess since I'm a Firefighter). He was gonna let me go for a warning, then wrote the ticket at 93 MPH. If I was speeding, which I was then why would he let me go if I was under 90 mph? That's pretty frickin fast! :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
    I had a similar thing happen to me. My roommate was speeding, but then I took over driving after he got tired.
    Shortly thereafter, I was pulled over while doing 65MPH. They wrote me for 90MPH, because "a unit traveling in the other direction saw me speeding".
    There's some real rocket scientists out there driving in black and white cars.

Jbb
    I had a similar thing happen to me. My roommate was speeding, but then I took over driving after he got tired.
    Shortly thereafter, I was pulled over while doing 65MPH. They wrote me for 90MPH, because "a unit traveling in the other direction saw me speeding".
    You just have that....guilty look ...about you

SHOTKALLIN
    I would have wrote you just because you were on your way to the river with a boat and hot chicks, And I was stuck at work. :hammerhea I'm just a hater like that.
    J/K

Garrddogg
    I got one for 100+ but I know I was doin mid 90's (tested w-gps) He asked do you know how fast you were goin? I said 84? he said "ah" and walked away,then wrote me for 100+!! and said he was giving me a break as he wrote me for an infraction intead of a misdeminor! I did the "Ticket busters" thing its like a trial by mail and I was found Guilty!! but it was only a single point violation !!!!!! But no traffic school....
    Force 26

scarabrick2
    I got a ticket like that but my record was clean so all I had to do was pay the fine,take a on-line school (which cost around $100) and I was free and clear. I think it was like 95 in a 65 coming from Havasu to searchlight.

NOTALENT
    I got one for 100+ but I know I was doin mid 90's (tested w-gps) He asked do you know how fast you were goin? I said 84? he said "ah" and walked away,then wrote me for 100+!! and said he was giving me a break as he wrote me for an infraction intead of a misdeminor! I did the "Ticket busters" thing its like a trial by mail and I was found Guilty!! but it was only a single point violation !!!!!!
    Force 26
    Good old Trial De Novio...I did that and I won..!!!

HocusPocus
    there is a lot of factors involved in winning or losing a court case.. not to mention the attitude of the judge hearing it. then you have to consider your time in going to court and how far the court is from where you live.
    were you towing a boat at the time?
    i have known people people who lost speeding ticket court battles because the added fact they were towing a trailer.
    also the CHP is really cracking down on speeders on the 15, 40 and 10 fwys.. and from what i have heard the judges are backing them up on the crackdown.

topless
    There was something posted a while back about having the court changed to your area....I forgot what you are suppose to say when getting the ticket but if the officer doesn't show up, you win. I'll have to go back and find it.

Water Romper
    Beating a speeding citation is pretty hard to do…generally, the courts assume you are guilty when you walk in the door….Sorry but when it comes to speed violations, most people ARE guilty….I would bet not one person on these boards go 55mph pulling a boat running down I-40 when there is no traffic…I know I don’t.
    All that said, there are ways to fight traffic cites especially if they “caught” you on radar…
    But to tell you the truth, it’s a pain in the A$$. Unless your driving record is horrible and you risk loosing your license, you may want to do what one of the other board members did and suck it up, pay the fine and do “On-Line” traffic school.
    If you fight it and hope the cop dosn't show up, your dreamin....he gets PAID to show up...plus, he needs to answer to his Sergeant as to why he/she lost and didn’t show up. Trust me, they will be there.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast