Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update! The POS runs!!

boatguy222
    Art,
    Now get in the boat and lets see what she'll do!
    Nice Work wink

GFR, Boat, engine looks great!! and I like that engine test stand too....way cool!

GofastRacer
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!. I decided that I'm not going to run it until it's RIGHT, so it's coming apart and I'm getting shaft bushings put in(wish I had the equipment to do it myself), that way it won't sound like shit at the launch ramp warming up!. After all can't have injectors idle worse than carbs now can we!... eek!
    058, the best thing about that stand is when I'm done with it, I can just hang it on the wall out of the way!..

paradigm shift
    058:
    GFR, Boat, engine looks great!! and I like that engine test stand too....way cool! I totally agree. Can you run it long if you hook a waterhose on it considering the neighbor friendly exhaust!!

GofastRacer
    I run a hose from the water pump into a bucket which is fed by the garden hose that way it's just as if it's sitting in the water. I ran it for over a half hour, got to 165 max, would run all day that way!..

058, the best thing about that stand is when I'm done with it, I can just hang it on the wall out of the way!.. [/QB][/QUOTE]Thats even better yet...Who'd ah thunk that up?

SERIOUS ISSUES
    I have got to get me one of those stands. so much better than pulling a motor to fix a stupid leak and getting a oily mess on my boat floor changing oil after cam break in.

GofastRacer
    SERIOUS ISSUES:
    I have got to get me one of those stands. so much better than pulling a motor to fix a stupid leak and getting a oily mess on my boat floor changing oil after cam break in. That's the only one in existence, built that back in the 80's!.. You can tear a motor down on that thing!..

Racing Ray
    Gofast
    I hope you don't mind but I can build stands very similer to yours with some added improvements. If anyone is serious I would be happy to build a prototype and figure out a price. Being a Design Engineer I have several improvements in mind already. Relating to versitility in mounting configurations to allow the use of any engine, ie. Mopar Chevy, Ford etc.etc.

GofastRacer
    RR,LOL, that thing is about as crude as it gets, I came up with all kinds of ideas for it, just never bothered. It was origially made for a friend(has since passed away) that made racing torque converters and he wanted something to hold a motor and a trans with a brake to test stall speeds so it sat in his shop with a motor on it for 4 years until he died, his brother gave it to me since I made it for him! I like it because it don't take up room when you're not using it. But by all means, I'd like to see some of your ideas on a universal one!..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast