Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amp help Roz

phebus
    I have a 1 farad cap sitting out in my garage that I can't give away It's going in the trash this week.

mbrown2
    I have a 3 Farad Cap in the BU...I swear by the extra power it sends to those amps....cheapest extra watts I have ever spent :boxed:

1stepcloser
    I would suggest a 1 ferrad cap, use it just on your sub amp. It looks like a 24oz beer can http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif with 2 terminals on the top. It goes inline On your 12v 4Guage posative lead to your amp.
    Slick.
    Hmmm, where do we start?

ROZ
    If the problem keeps happening go to your local car audio shop and get a cap either a 1 ferrad cap or a half a ferrad cap. I would suggest a 1 ferrad cap, use it just on your sub amp. It looks like a 24oz beer can with 2 terminals on the top. It goes inline On your 12v 4Guage posative lead to your amp, It needs to be about a foots worth of 4 guage away from your amp so it will be the most effective. It supplies alot of extra power to your amp so that when your bass is hitting and draining all the power from its own internal caps (thats another reason why your amp is clipping) Your amp will get all of the extra power it needs from the cap. Also watch the gains on your amp don't turn them up to high and make sure that the LOUD button on your deck is off. If you have any other questions let me know I will be glad to help if i can
    Slick.
    I've never heard of a "cap"... can you splain in a little more how the beer can works?

rivercrazy
    I didn't know a cap had a little engine with an alternator inside! LOL!

h2oski2fast
    I've never heard of a "cap"... can you splain in a little more how the beer can works?
    Ohhhhh, what a smart ass..............Here we go again!

h2oski2fast
    If the problem keeps happening go to your local car audio shop and get a cap either a 1 ferrad cap or a half a ferrad cap. I would suggest a 1 ferrad cap, use it just on your sub amp. It looks like a 24oz beer can with 2 terminals on the top. It goes inline On your 12v 4Guage posative lead to your amp, It needs to be about a foots worth of 4 guage away from your amp so it will be the most effective. It supplies alot of extra power to your amp so that when your bass is hitting and draining all the power from its own internal caps (thats another reason why your amp is clipping) Your amp will get all of the extra power it needs from the cap. Also watch the gains on your amp don't turn them up to high and make sure that the LOUD button on your deck is off. If you have any other questions let me know I will be glad to help if i can
    Slick.
    Here's some reading material for you:
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ight=capacitor

ROZ
    You rock, dude
    Next thing you know, he'll be dragging HH into a 6v vs 12v thread
    Ahh, the good ole days

1stepcloser
    You rock, dude
    Next thing you know, he'll be dragging HH into a 6v vs 12v thread
    Ahh, the good ole days
    LOL!!

rivercrazy
    Well - maybe there is a mini-nuclear reactor inside those Cap thingy's I wasn't aware of!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast