Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amp help Roz

Flashover
    They realy work just buy i good one and have it installed because you need to charge them first in order for it to work right.
    Slick

h2oski2fast
    They realy work just buy i good one and have it installed because you need to charge them first in order for it to work right.
    Slick
    I never thought about charging them, How long do they take to charge?

1stepcloser
    Depends on the name. Monster caps, as the name implies, are very large and therefore take a long time to charge.
    Unless you use a quick charger. Then it's quicker.

BoatFloating
    You guys are crazy. Caps only work with 6V batteries wired in series to the chrome muffler bearing.

Flashover
    They only take a few minutes to charge, they come with a little resistor & some directions and it shows you how to charge them. The caps made by monster and fosgate are the most popular, some even have a digital volt meter display on the top so you know exactly what your voltage is all the time. (these are real)

h2oski2fast
    They only take a few minutes to charge, they come with a little resistor & some directions and it shows you how to charge them. The caps made by monster and fosgate are the most popular, some even have a digital volt meter display on the top so you know exactly what your voltage is all the time. (these are real)
    Obviously you didn't go through and read that thread I posted. It's chalk full of good info on caps and all the "hype" that the marketing people have constructed about them.
    And that's all I got to say about that.

Flashover
    Seriously they do work, I sold car audio for 12 years and have sold & designed systems upwards of $60.000. Don't get me wrong not everybody needs a cap, but they do help. Also if somebody buys one make sure you bitch about the price because there is usualy close to a 50% mark up on them.
    Slick

Havasu Hangin'
    Seriously they do work, I sold car audio for 12 years and have sold & designed systems upwards of $60.000. Don't get me wrong not everybody needs a cap, but they do help. Also if somebody buys one make sure you bitch about the price because there is usualy close to a 50% mark up on them.
    Slick
    You sold car audio and are recommending caps (at 50% markup)?
    Shocking. :notam:

Flashover
    you would be supprised the mark up everybody pays when it comes to car audio..... Doesn't matter what your buying.

Havasu Hangin'
    Let me clarify. When I said "shocking"...I didn't mean it literally. I doubt a cap could store enough energy to shock anyone...
    ...unless it's "sticker shock".
    :hammerhea

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast