Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does a 1989 27' Daytona run?

bigq
    Has anyone owned one of these or ridden in one? I heard the earlier Daytonas did not ride to well, but don't know for sure.
    Thanks

full throttle
    I had one w/3-300 outboadrs, and it rode great. I actually like (probally get crusified for this) the old Daytona's better than new one's. Im kinda old-school. Always wanted to have a single eng (big power + arneson) 27.

Craig
    I had one w/3-300 outboadrs, and it rode great. I actually like (probally get crusified for this) the old Daytona's better than new one's. Im kinda old-school. Always wanted to have a single eng (big power + arneson) 27.
    Did you used to run Bartlett around '92 or '93? I remember a big Daytona with triples out there before the new dam at Pleasant was complete.
    Craig

Burley1
    I would love to see a picture of that if you have one

bigq
    The one I was looking at needs some work. It twin OB on it and they converted it to single I/O so it needs gel work on the rear. I need to talk to a gelcoat company and see how much that would be to redo the transom.

ADDICTED
    I have a 94 Daytona with twin 840HP motors. It will run a solid 105MPH and on a good day perfect conditions will see 115MPH. The boat likes a lot of trim and will run very good. Personally I think it is a perfect Havasu boat.
    http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost...dthing-med.jpg

Three Days Only
    I have a 94 Daytona with twin 840HP motors. It will run a solid 105MPH and on a good day perfect conditions will see 115MPH. The boat likes a lot of trim and will run very good. Personally I think it is a perfect Havasu boat.
    http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost...dthing-med.jpg
    115 with the mufflers it might go 117 right
    When is the next trip to Havi. We missed you last weekend gibby! For us its next weekend, and the weekend after that.
    Jeffrey Son

ADDICTED
    I dont no about 117 but defenetly a solid 100mph boat.
    We are moving into the house in the next couple weeks.
    Next weekend may be a good weekend for us to get away.
    Oh we found out what we are having. Angela did that new thing were you can find out early. Whatcha think it is? :squiggle:

acatitude
    Have a freind here in sac who has a 89 or 90 27 daytona,might be newer, im not sure , twin 454's. boat runs low eighties and is a pretty nice boat for its vintage. nothing racy but takes big water pretty good and is real solid. I think its for sale also.

bigq
    After seeing some of the pics of the one i was looking it, it needs quite a bit of work. gel work all new interior some new hardware and redone or new trailer ( triple axle) :notam: Asking is mid 20's, but I think it needs around 15k to bring back to life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast