Thread: Props or should I say Jets to Squeezing Spectra

I want to give a big Thank You to Bruce Squeezing Spectra. I was getting ready to go on vacation for a week and decided to do a local run at Lake Elsinore and half way though the day the boat was missing real bad and popping though the exhaust. Bruce was also at Lake Elsinore with a friend of mine who Bruce had just built an engine for my friends 72 Hallett.
    Bruce gave me some free advice and instructions to narrow down the problem. I took off the valve covers and didnÂ’t see anything that looked like it would have caused the problem. I then decided to change the spark plugs and wires since it had been a while since I had changed them. I ran the boat on the trailer and it sounded much better so I thought it must have been the problem. Well I was wrong as soon as I put it back on Lake Elsinore ka pop right through the headers.
    Well to make a long story short Bruce took it in at last minute notice and had the boat running two days later and just in time for my vacation. I donÂ’t know why Bruce worked so hard on my boat but I heard it was because of my back up plan to use my Sea Doo on my vacation instead of my Southwind. I think he felt that he was doing all boaters justice by getting the Southwind running again.
    BTW when I was at the Sandbar enjoying my vacation I got a courtesy call from Jason (Wutwzat) and Bruce asking how the boat was running. Now if that is not service I donÂ’t know what is. Thanks again guys.

Squeezing Spectra
    Jerry it was all cause you know a v-drive owner. LMAO :idea:

Danhercules
    Good to hear peeps stepping up.

SoCalKev
    I want to give a big Thank You to Bruce Squeezing Spectra. I was getting ready to go on vacation for a week and decided to do a local run at Lake Elsinore and half way though the day the boat was missing real bad and popping though the exhaust. Bruce was also at Lake Elsinore with a friend of mine who Bruce had just built an engine for my friends 72 Hallett.
    Bruce gave me some free advice and instructions to narrow down the problem. I took off the valve covers and didnÂ’t see anything that looked like it would have caused the problem. I then decided to change the spark plugs and wires since it had been a while since I had changed them. I ran the boat on the trailer and it sounded much better so I thought it must have been the problem. Well I was wrong as soon as I put it back on Lake Elsinore ka pop right through the headers.
    Well to make a long story short Bruce took it in at last minute notice and had the boat running two days later and just in time for my vacation. I donÂ’t know why Bruce worked so hard on my boat but I heard it was because of my back up plan to use my Sea Doo on my vacation instead of my Southwind. I think he felt that he was doing all boaters justice by getting the Southwind running again.
    BTW when I was at the Sandbar enjoying my vacation I got a courtesy call from Jason (Wutwzat) and Bruce asking how the boat was running. Now if that is not service I donÂ’t know what is. Thanks again guys.
    So, What was the problem making the pop through your headers?

Squirtin Thunder
    So, What was the problem making the pop through your headers?
    Old Chevy valve springs !!!!

Old Chevy valve springs !!!!
    You're quick ST yes I had some very old valve springs and one of them was compressed real bad. Kind of puzzling though I took off the valve covers the first time and didnÂ’t see any water or foam. Then I brought it to Bruce after the second trip to Lake Elsinore and we take off the valve covers and thereÂ’s water in the oil and foam on the valve covers. You should have seen my face I had just told Bruce that there wasnÂ’t any water in the oil and he takes off the valve covers and sure enough thereÂ’s water in the oil. :jawdrop:
    I then remember I ran dry the first time and wet headers the second time at Lake Elsinore, therefore no water in the oil when I took off the valve covers the first time. The valve not being completely closed let water in through the headers.

revndave
    Bruce is a good guy.He hooked me up with some parts for new motor.

WUTWZAT
    Bruce is the MAN, I can't tell you all the cool stuff he's done for me. He and his family are like my family it seems and they take real good care of everyone they come in contact with.
    Now I just got to get my boat done so I can sell it and complete my cross over to the dark side and get a V-drive or dare I say something with a Bravo 1.
    All joking aside, I don't think I could ever say it enough but thanks to Bruce and everyone in the family. Jerry what you experienced wasn't a one time thing, thats just how he is.
    Jason

Squeezing Spectra
    Well J get your lazy azz back over here tomorrow and get to work
    And thanks for all the kind words guys we turn wrenches hard in the OC :hammerhea

WUTWZAT
    I'll be there tomorrow for sure. I had a couple work things to take care of and ended up hanging out and BSing with the guys from O.C. Laser for a while. I gotta get my shit together, I really liked (sorry for the spelling) Parms GN boat. That thing is so sick. And then the cream of the crop had to be Tonys boat. What is it, a schiata what, RC or tunnel or what? I want one!!!
    Oh yeah, did I leave a cell phone car charger in your sisters hotel room this weekend. I think it says wireless on it. I either left it their Nineys truck or just dropped it someplace in between.
    And where are all the pictures at :wink: I heard that someone got some good ones of me. :2purples: LMAO, c'mon if ya got them share.
    Jason