Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blower surge??????

flattie
    I have been running a blown 468 chevy in my V-drive with Stage 4 aluminum canfield heads a 685 lift crowler roller cam all Msd ingnition topped with 2 Holley dbl pmp carbs and I have no blower surge. Everbody else with blowers have blower surge I was wondering if mine is set up incorrecly or correct. Also Im running 15% overdrive on the blower.

Maxey
    Blower "surge" is usually caused by a lean idle mixture. I would be more concerned with whether you have enough fuel when under boost.

flattie
    I would say yes I do. I check the plugs all the time and they look nice

Fiat48
    Fatten the idle.

flattie
    Tried that still no surge

Fiat48
    With an injector...the fatter the barrell...the worse the surge. The richer and slower the idle speed..the worse it surges. Timing below 34 adds to surge also. Is your mag locked out?

flattie
    Not running injection Im running two 750 dbl pumper carbs

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    Set The Flies At .010 Lock It At 35,turn It 60%over,set Idle With 65-70% Leakdown.and Forget Surge,surge Sucks Listen To Any Pro Mod Car They Dont Surge It Is Lean Fat Lean Fat Lean Fat...forget It,let It Idle At 2500rpm......any Questions...hahahahaha...just Joking ,blower Surge Helps To Put The Thingy In Gear. :d

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    WHEN YOU LISTEN TO A INJECTED BLOWN DEAL EVERYTIME IT SURGES WATCH THE BUTTERFLIES FLUCTUATE.THE VACUUM IS SUCKING THEM CLOSED THEN LETTING THEM OPEN WHEN THE RPM GOES DOWN THEN IT REOPENS ALLOWING AIR RAISING RPMS SO ON AND SO FORTH.YOU WILL SEE PEOPLE AT THE CAR DRAGS PULLING PLUGS OUT OF THE HAT WHEN THEY ARE DONE DOING A BURNOUT,THATS AIR BLEEDS.THEY LEAN IT OUT SO IT RUNS EVEN SMOOTHER,ON MY HAT I HAVE CAPS THAT PUSH IN ON THE TOP OF THE HAT.KINDA LIKE DRILLING BUTTERFLIES IN CARBS.....SURGING OR CRISP IDLE AT 2500 RPM THEY DO SOUND GOOD DONT THEY?

Fiat48
    Not running injection Im running two 750 dbl pumper carbs
    But principle the same. No surge does not mean anything other than you have a clean idle. If you want surge then you can make it do it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast